Sunday 25 September 2011

Lightning Mcqueen - ride-on toys, electric vehicles


Tonight we went to a chain toy retailer and looked at this toy with my 14.5 month old son. I am buying it for him for Christmas but wanted to see what it was like in person and if he would like it, as I know he won't remember it come Christmas.



It seemed really sturdy. He is a good walker. He was able to get in and out of it with ease. He loved pushing the button on the steering wheel that makes Lightning McQueen noises.



It is about half the size of a normal Power Wheels toy. I think it will be ok to play indoors with until it gets warm enough outside, and honestly I think it rivals the Cozy Coupe just motorized.



There is no gas petal, just a stop and go button on the steering wheel. The toy store had this "gas button" disabled. So therefore I can't vouch for speed, etc.



Grandma said if I didn't buy it for him she would lol because he LOVED it. : )



UPDATE TO REVIEW AFTER 1 MONTH OF USE:

Well, its been about a month since Christmas and it took my son a little time to warm up to it.. but now he is happily cruising around the house in it from time to time. At first he was scared/startled by the movement. after a while.. he loves it. I don't think it goes too fast. I have to walk along side him though and help him steer it at this point because he keeps smacking into furniture though. I don't think this would be such an issue outside.

We like this toy.

I did but it on amazon, and I felt the price was right and it arrived quickly. Power Wheels Disney/Pixar Cars Lil’ Lightning McQueen

Bought for my 20mth old son...really cute...good speed, not too fast but not so slow that it's boring...only complaint it doesn't go in reverse! So once my little guys hits a road block we have to manual turn the car around...annoying...also you have to unscrew the seat "each time" to remove battery to charge...wouldve been better if you could just plug it up externally somehow..but overall he likes it...no regrets

The only issue that prevent me for rating this toy as a 5 star was that the hand wheel can be removed from its position with out any resistance, so for a child its quite a problem.



Overall its an exelent toy!

Go for it!

The car is great but wish it would go in reverse and that you didn't have to unscrew the battery compartment in order to charge the battery but its exactly what I expected. Bought it to help grandson learn how to steer--then next year on to the bigger model that has reverse and goes faster. I am happy with the purchase. My grandson loves to drive his car and hopefully one day he will catch on to the steering!

My son just got this car for Christmas. He is 21 months and approximately 33-34 inches tall and 27 lbs putting him around the 50% range in height and weight for his age, however, he has difficulties getting in the car without our help due to his legs being too long. He gets one leg in, sits down, and his other foot always gets stuck and we have to help him bend his knee way back in order to get that leg all the way in. Once he's in, he has a blast. We've only had it indoors so far on carpet and he's crashed into his toys, crashed into the couch and almost crashed into our dog. The speed is perfect for his age, since he doesn't know how to steer well yet and he can't really hurt himself crashing into things at 2 mph. He's also just pushed the car around and stood beside it pressing the sound button. Waiting for the rain to clear before we take him outside. I can't really rate the durability since we just got it so I just gave it 4 stars.

I got this for my 15 month old grandson and he loves it. He has not figured out how to steer it so he runs into things but that is fine since it is plastic doesn't hurt walls or furniture. When the start button is released it will stop and he hasn't figured out that he has to keep pressure on it. As soon as he starts going he takes his finger off of it so its kinda go, stop, go, stop over and over. I think he will figure this out. So far only used inside but as he gets older and can steer and keep the button pressed in will try it outside. He loves pushing it around as much as getting into it. I feel this was a very good buy, but I also think the start/stop button should have been explained a little better. I thought once you pushed it the car would continue to go until pushed again. I think it must be more of a safety feature since its for children of such a young age. If the child decided to get out of the car while moving he could get hurt. All and all its a great toy for toddlers.

I bought this for my son for christmas, he was about 14 months at the time, and it was perfect for him, he loved it, he loves pressing the button which makes him go forward and the other button which makes different Lightning McQueens quotes from movie. I recommend this product for parents who have kids between the ages of 14months- 2 1/2 year, its not like the bigger power wheels that are for older toddlers, this is geared for the smaller/lighter toddlers which was perfect for my son. - Ride-on - Mcqueen - Electric Vehicles - Ride-on Toys'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information