Sunday 25 September 2011

Educational Toy - outdoor play, educational toy


My 2-year-old received this from her grandparents for her birthday 3 months ago and plays with it every single day. I have never seen either of my kids enjoy a single toy so much. We have the manual pump which as other reviewers have noted is not that usable but my daughter doesn't care. What is great about this toy is the height and shape are perfect for a toddler. You can put in about 2 inches of water which is plenty for them to splash in but not a safety hazard. The little scoops and wheel are a good size for toddlers and it's nice how they are designed to hang anywhere on the lip of the basin. I have this indoors in my hall bathroom just off the main area and my daughter can go in there anytime to play. It is the first thing she wants to do every morning and she goes back in there for 20-30 minutes at a time throughout the day. In 7 years of parenting this is the most played-with toy EVER at my house. Step2 Fun Flow Play Sink

I bought the version (the cheaper one) where you put batteries in it and the water comes through the faucet while pressing only one button ONCE. The motor broke (after less than 30 days of use) and my 2-year-old was devastated. Naturally I wanted to get her another. There were TWO listings for what I thought was the same item. So, I bought it. Little did I know that the second one I purchased (the more expensive one) wasn't exactly the same as the first. They LOOK the same but one has the battery-operated faucet and the other has a PUMP. This one has the PUMP. So, I shelled out $50 for this one just to have to stand there and pump the water through the faucet for 1/2 an hour since it's too difficult for a toddler to push the thingy-majig down on her own.



This sink is NOT recommended. If you want to take the chance that the battery-operated one will work for more than 30 days, buy the CHEAPER version of this sink since most toddlers have an affinity for water and getting wet in the process. However, make sure you get the BATTERY-OPERATED sink because the pump version of this sink SUCKS!

I bought this toy last spring, and alas, the motor did break. So guess what? I contacted step2, months after purchasing, and I wish I had sooner, because they promptly sent me a new pump (manual operation instead of battery) which I have preferred anyway. The battery power was a cool idea, but it needed easier access to battery, and a parent control switch. Hand power is fine, and the rest of the toy is cute-bright, fun toys, big enough to climb into (with supervision) and great for yard, driveway, we have even put it into the shower so he could use indoors.

I have never written a product review in my life but this is the worst sink ever. We had, what I guess was the old version where the water actually came out by itself but it eventually died. We went to buy this one, assuming it was the same but it is not. This one is a manual pump and you have to pump it at least 15 times before water comes out and then you have to continue pumping it for the water to trickle out. My five year old is not even able to pump herself. And how can you even play when you are pumping the whole time. Unless you are continually pumping no water will come out. She was so excited to get her new sink, what a let down.

I bought this for half the price at a warehouse store, so I wasn't so upset when the motor quit working on the faucet. It was a great water toy, and my daughter LOVED playing with it, and the sink is the perfect height for a 2, 3, or 4 year old. Instead of getting rid of it, I purchased the instant snow you usually see around Christmas time, and she had a wonderful time playing with that over and over. When that wore off, I filled it with sand and it still is a hit. Even though the faucet quit working years ago, the table has still had a whole lot of use. Eventually I'll probably put water back in it again. - Outdoor Play - Hydraulics - Educational Toy - Outdoor Toy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information