Sunday 25 September 2011

Summer Studies - summer studies, reading


We live abroad and so our kids' English isn't up to the level of their peers in the States. We'll be moving back to the States this coming year though and I wanted to be able to see where exactly my kids stood vis-a-vis their English skills, so I could then work on the areas they needed help in. I bought the reading and writing books in this series from grades 1-4. The books are not only an excellent tool in tracking where your child needs extra help or where his strengths lie - they are also loads of fun for the kids. With these books and some extra effort on the kids' part, I feel confident that we can get them at or near the appropriate level for their age by the time we move. No more guessing about what material to cover or whether particular texts are too easy or too difficult. These books make learning fun for the kids and they take a lot of the stress away for parents. I highly recommend the series! 1st Grade Writing Practice (Practice (Scholastic))

I am a homeschooling mom, and I used this workbook at the beginning of the school year as a review for my second grader. It is only about 46 pages long so I couldn't use it as a curriculum for the whole year. The beginning is very easy but it gets progressively harder towards the end. It goes over, what makes a sentence, capitals, punctuation, nouns, verbs, adjectives, beginning, middle, end, and writing sentences/short stories. Most importantly it held my daughter's attention (she has ADHD and it's difficult to find material that will keep her attention), she enjoyed reading the stories, and writing the sentences. It was an inexpensive and wonderful workbook. She was a reluctant writer before, but now she really enjoys writing sentences and stories. I really can't say enough good things about it. I am now going to order the 2nd grade writing practice to supplement her current writing program. - Reading - Summer Studies - Language Arts - School Zone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Summer Studies - summer studies, reading reading Summer Studies - summer studies, reading