Saturday 10 September 2011

Slide Converter - 35mm slide scanner, slide converter


Not what I was expecting, very cheaply made and not worth the money. Purchased this item and had it shipped to the in-laws house so that I could scan and convert my wife's old family photos to digital media. We arrived at the in-law's house for vacation. The package arrived in great shape and on time. We were all very excited about converting precious family photos to digital jpegs so that they could be shared, saved, and protected. I read the directions fully and then began to scan the photos. It was a very easy process and initially the quality seemed great, although....500 photos, and a lot of my time away from family, later I began to notice an irregularity in the scanned jpegs. I reviewed all of the photos and I began to see an artifact, the same image in all the photos. The artifact showed up especially on dark photos, or those printed on gloss paper and yes it can be seen on all of them, some less than others. It turns out that the image on the jpegs is a reflection of the aperture in the case of the scanner. I lifted the flap were the photos are inserted and saw that the aperture on the inside is the exact shape of the artifact on the jpegs. The problem is that the inside of the scanner "box" is all white and the light reflects off of the photo and onto the hole where the image is taken, back to the photo and then back to the imager; this then leads to the artifact on the photos. I am very disappointed with the images and the fact that I did not notice it until I had completed so many photos, which I will have to redo with another product. I would diffidently not waste my time or money on the product, especially if you are looking for quality. Wolverine Data SNaP100 Slides, Negatives and Photos to Digital Image Converter (Red)

I have thousands of slides and photos going back to the 1950s. Unfortunately, I seldom use my five Nikon film cameras any more. I had all my slides and photos stashed in boxes going back into the 1950s. This small, easy to use digital converter has been an excellent way being able to see those old pictures again. It takes 33mm slides and negatives and 3x5, 4x6 and 5x7 photos. It does an excellent job of converting those pictures to digital pictures. It does four slides at one time at in less than two seconds each, stores the images on an SD card and downloads them quickly to your computer. It stores the pictures at 10mp. I'm very pleased with the process and the technical support that the Wolverine company provides to get you started. It's almost impossible to find slide projectors and slide viewers and by digitizing the slides you can easily see them on your computer or TV screen.

Was a little leary ordering this product after reading the very mixed reviews. Having thousands of slides, I figured if it was that bad I could return it. This product has done everything stated. I love it, it is truly amazing. I have done over 1000 slides and a few hundred pictures with many more to come. If you follow the instructions and proper settings the results come out as they should. I highly recommend this product.

I've been looking for a product to copy and digitize tons of photos I have stored in boxes. I thought this would be an easy and convenient way to shares these photos with others on-line. I have read all of the reviews posted here and can say from my own experience the SNAP arrived in perfect condition and working order and I experienced no problems as related by others. The SNAP is easy to use and copies 3x5, 4x6 and 5x7 photos almost "instantly". I have not used it for negatives or slides at this point. The pictures come out a bit on the bright side. This can be remedied by adjusting the EV setting. I have not seen any artifacts as described by others. The overall scanned picture quality is ok. There is a loss of sharpness and detail. If sharpness is your ultimate need I would not suggest purchasing the SNAP but a "real" scanner. I have a scanner but it takes forever to scan pictures. As I said the SNAP works almost instantly. If you just want to digitize pictures to save and share this should fit the bill.

I have about 3500 slides to copy and who knows hoe=w many prints so I needed a photo and slide converter. I proceeded to buy and returned 4 different brands of slide converters before I bought this one. I finally got a good one. This model is very fast and easy to use and produces very acceptable jpegs. I would highly recommend.

Sadly, I had high hopes of receiving a product that lived up to it's description...but, as with the reviews of some of the other purchasers, I was extremely disappointed, and RETURNED IT!



The photo scans all had a white, ghostlike rectangular reflection of the interior of the scanner chamber....every picture had the white rectangle across 1/3 of the scanned image.



The second problem, even more appalling, was the image moniter wasn't installed correctly and hung crookedly inside the machine. Couldn't view the preview withoug tilting the machine on it's side.



Third problem....the Slide scanning feature DID NOT FUNCTION....period. Wouldn't even turn on. Like the wires were not connected inside.



WHO INSPECTED THIS JUNK? I found a different photo scanner at Bed Bath And Beyond (0n clearance) for $40 and it takes much better photo scans. I will send my slides for scanning through COSTCO....50 for $17.99 and 29 cents each for additional slides (minus a $5 off coupon !). So $53.99 will get me a much better result than this $130 piece of junk.



Stay away from this product. - Slide Scanner - 35mm Slide Scanner - Slide Converter - Negative Scanner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information