Saturday 10 September 2011

Braun Electric Razor - electric razor, braun razor


I have used electric shavers for almost 45 years and this is the best yet. I started shopping because local stores no longer stock replacement foils and cutters for my old Braun 3000.



I chose this mid-range product because the 7 series is way too expensive, the 5 series tilting heads seem too gimmicky and their replacement cutters cost more than $40 even though the foils seem to be identical in design to those of the 3 series.



The Series 3 370 is bigger and heavier than my old shaver, but the heft feels good and the handle design and rubberized gripping surfaces on both sides make it easy to hold and control.



I almost bought a series 3 340, but opted for the 370 for just $30 more because of the "lock" switch that lowers one foil and the middle cutter to make it easier to get at the area under the nose. I'm glad I did, because it really does work.



What surprised me most is how much more comfortable the shave is with the 370 than my old shaver with its single screen plus cutter bar. The independent movement of the foils and center cutter probably contributes to that comfort. The new foil design gives me a smoother shave as well, and the middle cutter does a good job of scavenging the odd long whisker that had evaded the old shaver. (At my age they're not black any more, so they're harder to spot and so may grow to some length before I see them.)



Especially in the neck area I notice that I'm shaving cleaner faster and with much less irritation than before.



The pop-up sideburn trimmer cuts well and rises high enough that it is easy to see where I'm trimming.



Because all of the series 3 models have an indicator light to show when the battery needs charging, I did not think it would matter that the 360 and 370 can be operated while the recharging cord is plugged in. That little bonus feature did turn out to be valuable though, when I forgot to charge it up and the battery went dead just when I was in a rush to touch up 5 o'clock shadow before heading out to a meeting. I did not have to wait several minutes for partial charge to get me through a cordless shave; just plugged in, finished my shave and headed out the door.



Another bonus is that the Series 3 370 is much quieter than the old shaver.



The only negative I have noticed is that this model comes with a nice zippered hard case, but there is no room for the cord in it, just the shaver.



By the way, the all-black 360 model is functionally identical, but comes with no case. Instead, it has a plastic snap-on foil protector that also shields the on/off button so it can't get turned on in your shaving kit while traveling. For some strange reason, the 360 model costs $20 more than the 370. Go figure.



Final note: There is another Series 3 370 model listed for less money on Amazon, but it is an older design with different cutters and is not featured among current models on Braun's web site. Braun Series 3 370 Men's Shaver

The 3 370 shaver glides over your face easily but that may be because it isn't shaving that close. My old Braun (model 5525) still shaves well but wasn't charging for as long as it used to so I bought this model.

I don't like the fact that it has to have its own unique cord. I bet they charge a fortune if you lose it. Shaver doesn't have a plastic head cover so you need to put it back into its hard plastic case to protect the shaving head. The case doesn't have room for the cord so it needs to be packed separately when travelling.

Easy to clean with running water for the head and a shaver brush (not included - keep your old one) for the shaver itself.

I purchased this shaver a couple of weeks ago. I was using an older 1000 series Braun before this one. It was cheap and worked well for the $40 or so I orginally purchased for. The bad thing is that the replacement head is almost as expensive as the original unit. So I began to look for a new unit all together.



I looked at most of the reviews and found that the earlier version of this same shaver wasn't exactly great. The new version seemed to address some of the flaws the old one had and I decided for the $80, why not. I've been using this for a little over a week and it is very smooth over my face. No razor bumps or irritation (I must note that I never got razor bumps or irritation on my other shaver, nor do I consider myself having extremely sensitive skin).



As all shavers though, it takes me multiple attempts to get the neck area. It's a pretty close shave for a shaver, I think it's simply impossible to compare it to a blade. Another interesting note that I observed when looking at other reviews is that it lacked the ability to get longer hairs. For example, if you didn't shave over the weekend and you let it grow out until Monday morning. I tested this out and to my surprise it actually performed the same as if I shaved the day before. naturally, it took a little bit more time, but that is always the case. I must note that my facial hair does not grow out like a grizzly so this may be part of the problem others had.



I opted out of buying theversion that had the base cleaner because I felt it was not worth the extra money. It takes you only a couple of seconds to run this under hot water. I do wish it came with a plastic cover for the shaver head, but that's minor. Overall, i'm satisfied with this product and would recommend it to others. If you are a reasonable person and understand that this electric shaver is not going to give you the same shave as a knife/blade than I can guarantee you will enjoy it. - Electric Razor - Braun Electric Razor - Braun 370 - Braun Razor'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information