Thursday 22 September 2011

Nintendo Ds Lite


We have a DS Lite that we bought in the US, and since moving overseas, we've needed to use a voltage adaptor every time we want to charge it. Even the small wattage voltage adaptors are quite heavy, so while this works fine for us at home, it makes it very difficult to take the DS Lite with us when we travel. This charger is a lifesaver, since we no longer have to pack a heavy voltage adaptor.



Like the original charger, the plug folds down to make it more portable, but the US-style plug does mean that a plug adaptor is still required for most overseas use. Thankfully plug adaptors are usually quite lightweight. Also, the cord is a bit shorter than the original charger, which may be good for traveling but makes it a little harder to play when the power is low, since you need to sit closer to an outlet.



Overall, it's a handy thing to have if you ever take your DS Lite overseas, and the price is fantastic!



(Note that this charger is indeed designed for the Nintendo DS Lite, and NOT the original Nintendo DS, which uses a different connection.) Travel Charger for Nintendo DS Lite by eForCity

I too received the wrong item from the seller. I have contacted them to see if I can get the correct one. The end that is supposed to plug into the DS Lite is much bigger and clearly belongs to another electronic item. BUYER BEWARE.

Instead of sending me the 100-240V "Worldwide Traveler" adapter, the vendor sent me the standard USA-only adapter that comes included with Nintendo players sold in the USA. From reading other reviews, I can see this is not the first time this has happened. This vendor either has very sloppy quality control, or they are using Amazon as a way to discard high inventories of the USA-only adapters. The price is very low, but even a low price is not worth it if customers cannot buy the item they want.

...It was just that. I recently went to purchase a USED DS lite charger at my local Game store and it was $10, I got this one for $3- shipping included, and it came to me in less then a week. Great service :)

Wow.....great product at a fraction of the cost! My children lost the adapter that came with their Nintendo DS Lite and I did not want to buy another one for $14.99 at a retail store. I am so glad I found this here at Amazon for not even a fourth of the price!!!

This product is not the same as the item in the picture - the way the outlet prongs fold in is different, and depending on how its folded, it may or may not charge. I had to keep mine straight out for it to work, and if I moved it, it would cease charging.



I guess it works, I'm afraid to leave it unattended though for fear it might burn my house down. Feels cheap. Shipping took FOREVER.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information