Thursday 22 September 2011

Conditioner - cleansing conditioner, hair care


Firstly, let me tell you that I love this product. It makes my straight hair shiny and reduces frizzies, but the whole you-can-go-longer-without-getting-greasy-headed thing never happened for me. I still have to shower daily, which is why I became obsessed with the amount of product used and the cost per shower...



So using the minimum guidelines for each dose, you'll use about 1oz per shower. At the prices offered here, that's about $2/shower. I think I make decent money, but I can't live with myself for spending that on my hair each day. It's just crazy. I would stand there lathering thinking "I want my two dollars!!".



In protest, I went back to the my old shampoo - and immediately regretted it. Even my husband noticed that my hair didn't look as good, and that says something since he's not really the type to notice, well, anything.



So... enter Sally's Beauty Supply, my rescuer. They just came out with a self-branded version of this product for sale in their stores and on their website which is fantastic. It's about half the price, and I don't know if it's purely psychological, but I love it. My hair looks even better than with the Wen product. It's awesome. I'm serious.



Best yet, Sally's sells little single-use packets if you're not ready to commit. You could grab a couple of those and give it a go before you totally opt out of the real thing. (Of course, for $10 you could just buy the whole bottle... Compared to the Wen spend, that's small potatoes!) WEN Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioner 16 oz

I feel compelled to write a review about this product. This isn't something I normally do, but I feel like I should this time. I saw this stuff on an infomercial and hesitated for a long time about buying it. I didn't like the price and I pretty much think anything being sold on TV isn't ever going to be what it seems. For whatever reason, I decided I wanted to try this stuff. I found it on Amazon for a better price than the website, so I got it. Again, I am a huuuuuge skeptic. I tried it. I LOVE IT. Seriously. I could tell the difference as I rinsed it out of my hair THE FIRST TIME I used it. It's been two days and it looks like I just washed it. I have fine hair that looks greasy within about 24 hours after being shampooed, so having it look fresh after two days is pretty cool. Please take this from a total skeptic: you should at the very least try this stuff. Order it somewhere that has a money-back guarantee if you have to. Just try it.

**Note: I am not being compensated in any way, shape or form from ANYONE to write this review. I am just so shocked that something turned out to do exactly what it was advertised to do that I wanted to get the word out.

I bought this product thinking it would be much different from what I have tried (and I have tried sooo many). I have been searching for a long time now for a cleansing system that not only works well on my hair but tends to my scalp as well. This product works pretty good to clean and moisturize my hair but as with others, I still have areas on my scalp that are so dry, I get large flakes (not sure if this is the left behind by the shampoo or dry scalp, the itching is almost unbareale as well in these spots)I will not buy this product again for it is very pricey to leave my hair the same as many other shampoo-cleansers/conditioners have done so many times prior. My daughter of 10 has had an oily scalp problem so I let her try this product for a week, when her haired dried, it was more oily looking than before she cleansed. I also did not care for the strong scent it left behind on my or my daughters hair. What I did like was the fact of not have to condition seperately and I enjoyed the cool tingling it left on my scalp.

I have heard so much about WEN that I had to buy it. I followed the directions perfectly '30-40 pumps, massage in for a minute, let stand 3-5 minutes, rinse thoroughly' and when I got out my hair had waxy build up. I was ticked I mean wasn't the whole point of this not to have waxy build up? To have volume? I tried twice more just to see if I had messed up, but no each time my hair came out with grease and wax. Finally I googled 'WEN instructions' and it came up with a video on YouTube.com Here's the proper way that should be on the bottle.



1. rinse hair thoroughly, like for a few minutes.

2. 5-10 pumps (more if you need) and put on the top part of your hair, massage in

3. 5-10 pumps under your hair massage in

4. 5-10 pumps on the left side

5. 5-10 pumps on the right side

6. any extra pumps on the bottom or top, just fill in

7. Slightly tilt your head in the water until it gets a little wet

8. massage in your scalp for a minute, this should be easier because of the water you added

9. comb through

10. clip it up and let stay for a solid 3-5 minutes

11. rise thoroughly making sure you don't feel anything in your hair

optional

12. before you get out use a pump or so to run though the ends of your hair like leave in conditioner



Do you see how detailed that is? That's what should be on the back of the bottle because I can tell you now I only wash my hair with WEN and it is not greasy, no waxy build up and my hair looks really healthy. I have fine blonde hair that I dye so it is slightly damaged, but I have a ton of it so it can be a pain to get the shampoo out from under the layers, I really really like the Cucumber Aloe and just bought a bigger bottle, my hair is mid back and I find I really only need 5-7 pumps per section so don't use the 40 plus pumps, saves the product and me money. - Shampoo - Wen Hair Care - Hair Care - Cleansing Conditioner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information