Thursday 22 September 2011

Back Support - comfortable, air bed


My, almost 300 lb football player, son used this for 3 weeks after having an operation. It was easier for him to be in the living room, than his room; but the pullout couch was just not an option, not comfortable for someone his size. Put this mattress on pullout and it worked great. He said it was very comfortable and it was easy to put away and blow up ( took less than 5 minutes for either). My daughter then took it camping and loved it. I was able to fold it and put in original box to store away. Good deal, good mattress. Intex Queen Prestige Downy Airbed with Hand Held Battery Pump

Airbed is great. Easy to inflate with the hand held battery operated pump. Small enough to take in a kayak for camping. Great on comfort. Amazon service superb. The original pump did not work. I sent e-mail to Amazon on Thursday afternoon. Immediately got a return slip. I mailed it at 4:30 p.m. By 9:50 a.m. the next morning, A UPS truck pulled by our house and delivered a replacement. This was 5 minutes before we left to catch the Alaska Ferry. Great timing, outstanding service.

This bed was bought for 2 adults to sleep on for 5 days while camping. It worked very well, better than I expected. We did have to re-inflate it some after about 4 days. Besides that, though, it held up very well.



The mattress was put directly on a concrete floor, but didn't pop or even get a scratch. It was used as a bench/sofa during the day, and only needed reinflating once. We didn't roll towards the middle of the mattress, either, because of the inner coils. It was also comfortable, as far as airbeds go.



The pump that comes with this worked out just fine for us, and its fast. It pumped it up enough to feel like a firm mattress. It only took a couple of minutes. It does need batteries, though. We had even brought a manual mattress pump along, because others suggested this pump was bad, but didn't need it.



The biggest trouble I had with this was putting it back in the box when we were through with it. I didn't use the pump to get the air out, though it does have the option. I found it easier just to fold it up and release the air out of it as I went.



You'll definetely need 2 people to set it up, and to un-inflate it. I would suggest this airbed to anyone, whether your needs be back support, comfort, or something to hold up for the kids.

I didnt get to sleep on this one because we bought a queen and a king. But I did fill it with air and take the air out and fold it up and so forth. It was super easy and fast, it maintained air even got wet when the tent leaked from a severe downpour and was very easy to dry right off. My other half seemed to have slept quite well on it I didnt hear any complaints. It also folded up quite nicely and small. The pump I love. It works for both of the mattresses with have and it deflates them as well. Its super easy to use and works for all air mattresses I believe. Would totally reccommend this.

No matter the price or brand, I seem to have no luck with air mattresses. They end up with slow leaks, and sometimes with fast ones. I am lucky to survive a camping trip or music festival without spending the last night lying right on the ground. I ordered this one for the Bonnaroo music festival and crossed my fingers. I am very surprised and pleased! I only had to add air to this mattress one of the four nights that we camped there. Two adults (one who is 6'5") slept on it and we never got a leak, and we found it quite comfortable. The pump was great - worked well and fit the mattress (and my friend's other brand mattress) nicely. The lock/air flow part is a bit weird and wonky, but once you get the hang of it, it works really well and does a great job of locking in the air. A very basic air mattress, but a very sturdy and reliable one! Far better than ones I have bought for twice the price!

My husband bought a queen-sized air mattress at Dicks and spent $40+ dollars. I bought this one based on the reviews and price and we had the opportunity to test them both out this past weekend. Well, guess what - my little inexpensive Intex held up better than the one he bought at Dicks for 2xs what it cost me for this mattress! Don't read any more...just buy this one!

I purchased the Intex Queen Prestige Downy Airbed for camping this summer.

It worked much better than I expected. I weigh 212 pounds and it stayed full and comfortable for several nights of great sleep.

I was also very pleased with the battery powered air pump.

I took several extra packages of batteries, not knowing what to expect. But I used the same batteries for the whole camping trip. In all this bed was a great investment, I only wished I'd bought one sooner.

Thanks Intex for making a quality product!!!!

Chuck Davis

Used camping for 5 nights. Topped off with a little more air on third night. Slept comfortably. Regular queen sheets fit well. The battery pump takes 4 D batteries. Everything worked as it should. This is not a super-thick mattress, but it worked for what we needed. - Inflatable Mattress - Comfortable - Air Bed - Camping'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information