Thursday 22 September 2011

Ipod Accessories - interconnects, headphones


OK, this is a splitter. You can buy a cheap one anywhere but this one is well-made. The design matches the iPod well but it's functional as well. The black circle is a rubberized material with ridges that provide a good place to hold the splitter while you plug or unplug headphones. It works great.I bought the splitter to use with a laptop playing DVD's while on vacation so that my wife and I could both listen with headphones (extremely important not to wake kids, especially while trying to enjoy a quiet moment on vacation). It works well on the plane too where you must use headphones to not disturb other passengers. Monster Cable AYICP 220s iSplitter Mini Y-Adapter for iPod and Mac

This is a simple minijack splitter that takes one female 3.5mm stereo minijack and turns it into two! Wallah! You can use this anywhere a headphone jack exists. Use it on your laptop computer, your discman, walkman, mp3 player, even the soundcard on your pc - it doesnt matter it's just a splitter.In typical monster style the splitter is made of the highest possible quality and offers excelent performance. It's also stylish, although it is made to fit with the iPod/iBook design scheme. Bottom line, this type of splitter is ideal for gadget finatics and people who travel a lot and like to bring along thier music (unless you dont ever have the need to share). With this you can allow two pairs of headphones to be plugged into one discman, laptop, mp3 player, etc.If you've ever wished you and your friend could both plug your headphone into your laptop so you could BOTH watch (and hear) a DVD on a bus trip this is the solution.

theres not much that you can say about a typical audio splitter but nevertheless:

you dont know you need an audio spilitter until you get one! this one is well made and feels like it ill last forever. i like how when you plug it in it feels a little hard to plug it. I thought that it was gonna be too bulky when I saw the pictures but its ok. You should buy this since this is probably something youll have for the rest of your life. and the price i got it for from amazon is a steal!

-Maria aviton@gmail.com

i recently received this so i could share my "tunes" from my iPod with my sister while traveling on an airplane to florida, and it works really well. Great sound quality, no difference noted... Buy this if you are looking for a splitter.



You can pick one up at RadioShack for $10

This splitter from Monster Cable is built with high quality materials in a white theme that looks good with Apple iPods and iBook computers. Two of you can hook up headphones at the same time while you travel in a car or airplane, sharing one DVD player or music player. You might find cheaper devices that do this job, but this one will never become intermittent or get corroded.

This Monster Splitter is very well made and is visually appealing. It should last a lifetime. I bought this for my Cowon Iaudio U3 mp3 player. I connect this splitter to the U3 headphone jack and use the jacks on this instead of connecting my headphone directly into the U3 all the time, that way I save the wear and tear on my U3 headphone jack but this splitter could be used for any device that has a headphone jack not just for mp3s or Ipods.

I spent a little extra for this splitter after reading the reviews but after receiving it I am somewhat disappointed. Both input sockets on the adapter I received are really loose. When I plug a stereo mini-jack into either input, there isn't a reassuring 'click' when fully inserted.



Pulling them out takes almost no effort as I found out after moving some cables around behind my computer (I'm using them to connect two computers to a single set of speakers). They're so lose that it's easy to accidentally pull the plug out of the socket!



I've tried plugs from different headphones/cables and they all demonstrate this, so it's not due to the plug; the sockets are just too loose. I'm hoping I just got a defective unit and Monster will warranty it, but as it stands right now, I can't recommend this item.



UPDATE

I received an exchange from Monster and the replacement has more solid feeling sockets; plugs now "snap" into the sockets as I'd expect. The only thing is that they sent me a different model as a replacement (AICYP 200) which has volume controls and a switch. So while this review is for the AICYP (non-switched) model, I'll leave my original comments in place. I wish I could bump up my rating to 3 Stars, since Monster did provide excellent customer service and made it right in the end. But it doesn't look like I can change the star rating, after the fact.

I usually think of Monster as a very high quality product however this is a major let down. I purchased this item to be used with the ipad and the sound is horrible. I have the monster beats headphones and this thing makes the sound terrible. I plugged the splitter in and thought there was something wrong with the ipad but then plugged my headphones directly into the ipad and the sound was great. I will be returning these. - Ipod - Interconnects - Headphones - Splitter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information