Thursday 22 September 2011

Accessories - cell phone accessories, seidio


This is my favorite screen protector for my Incredible. I've tried SGP, Anti-fingerprint, Boxwave, and Verizon. To me this is the closest to the natural feel of the screen itself. I put it on in the bathroom first running the shower for a few minutes to steam it up and then cleaned my DInc with a eyeglass cleaning cloth, microfiber and finally running a piece of tape across the screen to pick up any remaining little pieces of lint. The very first time I put it on I misaligned it big time but it was easy enough to try again. Having 3 cats, lint travels with me wherever I go! When I did get it alinged there was to much lint for me to individually pick out but Seidio's are washable so I rinsed it off with a little soap and water, shook it off and started again. This time the alignment was correct and the few bubbles came right out by smoothing with the included card. There is a cut out for the optical joystick and speaker which I know is hard to see in the photos. These are usually backordered here but I only had to wait a few days before I got an email saying it was on it's way! Seidio Ultimate Screen Protectors have kept my screen free of scrapes and scratches from being kept in my purse, and I would recommend them to anyone. Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard for HTC DROID Incredible, 2 Pack (Crystal Clear)

This screen protector makes the Incredible seem brand new again. It is cut precisely for the screen and joystick. I didn't get it aligned correctly the first time but I used the trick suggested in the instructions to use a piece of tape to lift it again. This prevented any lint or fingerprints on the back and I was able to get it on correctly. I like that it doesn't require any liquid to adhere; electronics and water don't mix! I like the smooth feel and clear look of the protector, as many others out there are cloudy and/or rough.

I am using this with the Seidio case http://amzn.com/B003OQUKT8 and they work well together.

When I was shopping for a screen protector for my new Incredible, I didn't like how all the rest seemed to require an engineering degree to be able to apply them. This screen protector was a piece of cake to put on! I followed the instructions and got it perfectly aligned on the first try. I used the card to squeeze out the bubbles, and voila!

There was one tiny bubble between the optical joystick and the bottom edge, which I could not get out, because of the bad location, but it's so tiny, it's only noticeable to me.

The protector feels just like the screen did before I applied it, and does not change the responsiveness or look of the screen at all. Even though this protector was more expensive than some of the other available ones, the ease of application and high quality make it worth it.

Very good screen protector for the HTC Incredible. A little bit tricky to put on unless you follow the instructions (start from the bottom near the button, not from the top near the speaker). Added bonus is the little round bit that is left over from where the hole for the button is can be used to protect the camera lens as well.

I am a gadget nerd and am almost OCD about scratches on my electronics. I try to keep all my equipment in pristine condition to protect their resale value, functionality, and aesthetic quality. I ordered several kinds of screen protectors to try, and essentially hate them all.



I tried the ZAGG invisible shield, and not only was it a hassle to put on (and I am relatively good at applying Zagg skins because I've used them several times in the past, and applied several to this specific phone as well). The liquid solution is a hassle to use without getting it in the cracks/openings of the device, it is hard to keep your fingers wet to avoid fingerprints on the adhesive side of the skin, bubbles and dust are impossible to avoid, and even when I had gotten rid of all bubbles/dust, the skin later develops the 'orange peel' effect, where the skin is bubbly and dimply like the skin of an orange. It impairs clarity of the screen and is an overall pain. It also accumulates tons of smear marks from your fingers swiping the touch screen. However, it is impossible to scratch.



That is in stark contrast to the Seidio Screen Protector. Although application is somewhat more straight forward, it is a dust/lint MAGNET, and fingerprints are permanent. Dust can be removed with a piece of tape, but while you're removing one dust particle, ten others will float over and stick to other parts of the skin. If you do somehow manage to lay down the skin without dust and align it corectly, you only have about a days worth of use before scratches start to accumulate. It is somewhat resistant to smaller scratches, but if you put your phone in a purse, backpack, basically anything other than a velvet plush case, expect it to have some deep gouges before too long. It also never completely adheres around the top speaker and the optical track ball. There are bubbles around those areas where it reffused to stick, and I returned 2 packs of screen protectors for this reason. None of them stuck around these areas and eventually I gave up.



In the end, its the lesser of several evils. I haven't found a screen protector that I am happy with yet, but this one seems to be doing the job of keeping my real screen from being demolished. However, I would probably prefer the Zagg invisible shield if I could do everything over again, simply because you can't scratch it and they guarantee their product. However, its $20 where as the Seidio 2 pack was like $14 or something? It's pretty arbitrary...they are all frustrating.



Hope this helps. Good luck! - Screen Protectors - Incredible - Seidio - Cell Phone Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


incredible Accessories - cell phone accessories, seidio