Thursday 22 September 2011

Fingerprint - door, keyless


I bought two of this products, one left sided and the other right sided. In general I am very happy with both of them. One of them, the right side one, has better recognition. I have 7 persons using them and they are working fine. In the right sided one, some times you get 1 or 2 misses but 70% of the time you get in on the first try. On the left sided one I have to try 2 or 3 times on 70% of the times. I don't know why this difference. Even so, this is far better than giving keys to 7 persons for 2 doors with the added cost of changing the lock if one quits or looses its key. iTouchless Bio-Matic Fingerprint Door Lock For Left Hand Door, Silver

The iTouchless Bio-Matic Fingerprint Door Lock works great. It makes getting in the house with an armload of stuff alot easier. I can also allow others to get in temporary without having to get a key back from them, I just take their fingerprint out when I don't want them to have access anymore.

I have bought 3 of these, 1 silver and 2 brass colored. My doors had old locks and I had to modify the holes. Two of the locks functioned adequately but one would not set. Amazon sent return and replacement information. The replacement functioned correctly and Amazon sent email when the defective unit was received by them for credit. Finger print recording was not always adequate for 100% unlocking as it appears that position, pressure and patience is required. Temperature appears to be a factor in recognition as is the condition of a persons finger. The use of a user code (8 digits) always works and is a good backup. The locks l;ook great and the handle rather that a knob is really great. The other advantage is the closed lid for outside use. It might be sueful to allow a 4 or six digit code, especially if you are out in the rain trying to open the lock. Overall, a good quality product for the money. Well built and rugged. Actually, I think it is a fun product.

I hate this thing and the bad thing is you can't return it once you open the box. It would be great if I didn't have to go and buy a different door for it. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A MINIMUM OF 5 INCHES BETWEEN THE 2 HOLES ON THE DOOR OR THIS WILL NOT WORK. SHAME ON AMAZON FOR NOT SPECIFYING. Amazon gets a CF for COMPLETE FAILURE.

Installation is a little difficult, but when you finish is really elegant, in my home we put it on the studio door and was very good. Easy to use, I recommend using rechargeable batteries to avoid having to change them frequently.

So i was a little skeptical when purchasing this product, but i am relieved to see that it functions like it says it does. I have this on my Server room door inside my office. It was easy to install, and we dont have to worry about the locksmith coming out anymor for our door to change the combination. We can do it our selfs which saves tons of money. And it is sturdy, i thought it would be flimsy or light, but it is pretty solid.

This is a great door lock! I'm using it on a condo door, so no worry about the elements, but it was easy to install and is quite reliable. My only slight complication was that I had to drill out the hole for the latch (the hole in the edge of the door) to be slightly bigger to accommodate this lockset. Otherwise, the only tool required was a screwdriver.



Note that the numeric entry codes are limited to the digits 0, 1, 2, and 3, and must be 8 digits long, meaning there's only 65,536 numbers, and they take a little longer to enter than if you had an actual full 0-9 keypad. But you're likely just going to use the fingerprint reader instead anyway.



Also, you can set it in a mode where lifting the cover engages the lock with no entry required. This is nice if you're having a party or expect a lot of people -- but they'll have to know to slide the cover up. You can't just set it so the door handle works by itself.



Finally, the instructions make no mention of a low-battery alarm -- I hope there IS one, but not sure I'd recognize it for what it is when it happens.

Pros: the structure is strong, sturdy and has gaskets to be used for outdoors to protect from water and dust. I havent hooked it up yet cause my house is still under construction but i will try soon and let you know



Cons: it comes only with two laser keys. most locks usually come with 5

I tried, and I tried, but this lock simply does not recognize finger prints. I would say it opened 1 out of 50 times. I had high hopes for it but it failed the test - it simply would not open. I have a finger print reader on my laptop, so I know these things can work. - Lock - Biometric - Door - Keyless'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fingerprint - door, keyless door Fingerprint - door, keyless