Thursday 22 September 2011

Computer - cables, hdmi to dvi


You don't need to plunk down 80 or 90 dollars for one of those expensive cables with the fearsome name and equally fearsome price. DVI and HDMI are digital standards with error correction. What does that mean?



In the analog days(Composite, Svideo, etc), other signals could creep in and cause noise or quality loss in the picture. Better shielded (and sometimes more pricey) cables prevented this noise from creeping in to eliminate this noise. However, with HDTV's and digital signals that move over cables like HDMI and DVI, even the cheapest cable can work as well as the expensive brand.



Digital signals are composed of 1's and 0's, or more simply, an on signal or an off signal. Millions of these 1's and 0's can be sent per second and form your image. Since the signal is either on or off, it is easy to figure out at the other end what the data for the image is, and the receiver at the other end (your television or monitor) reconstructs this signal into a pixel perfect image of what was sent.



Because of this method of using 1's and 0's these lines are not as susceptible to noise, and thanks to error correction that is built in, any noise that does creep in is corrected. Even if noise did somehow creep in, it wouldn't affect the image at the other end.



Digital only fails in levels of high noise, where the error correcting code can't compensate, and when it fails, it fails completely. What does this mean? It means that if you have a picture on your screen and it is working, you have a pretty much perfect image. If there is too much noise, you'll notice that it doesn't work at all or very noticeable blocks appear, and the image jerks and stops before it quits working. This gives you peace of mind about your signal, because if you are seeing it and it's working, you know you have the best quality image signal available. This is why when viewing over the air signals in digital format with the new digital transition, there is no more snow in the image, every channel that you can get is clearer than analog cable TV.



The only time the image should get enough noise to fail is not with cables, but with over the air transmissions from broadcast air stations. When transmitting such short distances over a cable in your home, this cheap cable is as good as the most expensive and most fearsomely named brand cable. I am currently using this cable for my monitor and I can see perfect detail down to the tiniest pixel (The individual dots that make up the image). DVI to HDMI Cable 6ft Male-Male

I got my new HDMI-to-DVI cable and immediately connected it between my Toshiba up-converting DVD player and a Samsung 56" DLP TV. The picture is wonderful.

I don't see any point in spending more for a Monster cable when this one is available for a lower cost.

I have more than 20 years of experience as an electronics designer and manufactuing engineer. This cable would easily meet my quality standards.

I just purchased an HD projector for my classroom, only one problem. When I used my DVI to analog cable the projector would not display in high definition. The solution was to buy an DVI to HDMI cable. I found this one on Amazon for less than a $1, so I bought four. They have worked great, I even use them to display my laptop on my HD TV at home. The only thing to remember is that DVI does not carry sound so you still need a set of jacks or optical cable to carry the sound.

I took the old home theatre down in my living room because my wife was complaining of all the wires. So I wondered what I had to do to play movies directly off my computer. After a little research, I noticed my video card had a DVI output connection and my HDTV had an extra HDMI input. So I put 2 and 2 together and went to the store to look for a DVI to HDMI cable. All the stores wanted AT LEAST $30 dollars for one. I rejected that notion and decided to look online. Boy, was I surprised! I found this beauty for under $2 and bought it immediately. Attached DVI to computer and HDMI to HDTV, setup the video card to read the HDTV and, voila, I was able to watch movies. I get a better picture on the TV than on the computer monitor, but I still use the sound card sound from my computer, as I get better sound from that than from my TV speakers. Wonderful item!

Cheap and what else can you say? The cable works really does the job.

No static, interference no nothing.

Connected my PS3 to the computer monitor for full 1080p nirvana.

Now there's other brands out there that take ridiculous name premium over their products, but why pay more for a cable that does the same thing? Also, this cable works as a perfect 21st century flail, for awesome destructive power, against evil forces who attempt to take your sacred gaming experience away from you. Just swing away with this cable and the DVI head will destroy your foes with out any effort. No Shoryuken will penetrate its destructive swing. Now swing away. - Dvi - Computer - Hdmi To Dvi - Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information