Sunday 18 September 2011

Inkjet Printer - home office, printer ink


I myself am having the same problem that alot of other reviewers are having with this product! While I am happy with the HP Printer itself, this #21 cartridge doesnt hold enough ink and runs out VERY FAST(mine ran out in two weeks). Keep in Mind that I only use the ink to print postage and I always use the fast draft which uses less ink and I STILL have to replace the cartridge frequently. I can only imagine if I used the normal print mode, I would be running to the store every other day to replace the cartridge. Of course most of us know that these companies dont make money on the actually printers, they make money on the ink! Anyway, I am going to try one of those refill kits and see if that cuts down on the cost! HP 21 Black Ink Cartridge (C9351AN#140)

I have to disagree with people that think they aren't getting their money's worth on ink. I have an Officejet 4315 that I use to print several pages per week for school. I also own an Inkjet 697C. Yes, the 697 cartridges have twice as much ink, but they are also twice as expensive at around $25-30 each. I simply changed my default print setting to Draft, which prints 300 dpi, and it prints B&W text just as nicely as the Normal setting (600 dpi). You may not want to do this if you print work/professional graphics all the time, but I used the Draft setting on color for printouts for my Anatomy & Physiology II class last semester, which worked just fine. 1 black ink cartridge (HP 21) on the Draft setting will last me most of a school semester, printing 10 - 20 pages per week (of mostly text with a few graphics). I used 1 plus a partial color cartridge (HP 22) last semester.

As a computer consultant, this is such a pet peeve. Printer companies selling printers at megacheap prices so you can be gouged with ink. This has 5 mL of ink in this cartridge. Now, check out the HP 56 cartridge -- 19 mL for about the same price. Remember, it's the same product inside -- ink.



Think about it, if you buy this cartridge, you are getting $6 worth of ink for $20ish. Each new cartridge would be $14 you could have spent on a better printer.

My printer takes this cartridge and I go through ink like crazy. I don't print pictures or anything like that -- I'm talking just regular documents printed 99% of the time in fast draft mode. This cartridge just isn't worth the money. If anything, buy yourself a refill kit... it's a lot cheaper that way.

Not enough bang for the buck. Each year I pay as much for the printer ink as I did for the printer. The cartridges are small; so it's not surprising that they do not last long. The quality of the printing is okay, but I think the price should be at least half of what it is.

This HP 21 inkjet cartridge is very light, easy to install and allows the printer to print out very good quality, durable black ink on the page. It stores for about a year after you buy it so if you want to stock up for your office or personal printing needs that's great! (It even comes with an expiration date!) HP also packs it well so that it is difficult for the cartridge to become damaged during transit.



One thing that I didn't like, however, is that the ink can go quickly. If you print a lot, you might even need to replace this cartridge every ten days or so. My needs are about 15 pages per week and I have to change the cartridge roughly every five to six weeks. That's not good; although to be fair to this HP ink cartridge I am printing graphics.



Four stars for being great ink in an easy to manage and install cartridge. It loses a point for not lasting longer.

My older HP 845C has bigger cartridge, they are making these smaller, from 25ml to 5ml is a big difference! But at least they promise that modern printers use ink more efficiently (I bought an HP F380 today and it uses Hp 21 & 22 cartridge, black and tri-color, both are 5ml). - Home Office - Hp Printer - Hewlett-packard - Printer Ink'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information