Sunday 18 September 2011

Cordless Weed Eater - black and decker, weed eater


While you probably would never want to try to use this string trimmer for heavy duty tasks, it is without doubt the best trimmer I've ever used for whacking grass.



And best of all, they fixed all the problems that made me avoid string trimmers.



First, since it is electric, there is no "trying to get the trimmer to start issues"



Secondly, there is no cord to drag around.



Third, the battery recharge time is fast. Trim some at the beginning of your yard mowing session until the battery is low, plug the battery into the charger, mow the lawn, come back 45 minute to a hour later and your string trimmer battery is ready to go again. Finish the trimming.



Fourth, this thing is light weight. My Mother has a pinched nerve in her neck, but I've bought her one of these trimmers because it's so light I'm confident she can use it without straining anything.



Fifth, you never have the string release hassles. Not sure how this thing actually releases string, but it does it automatically, No bumping required. No crazy string all over the place. No having to replace individual strings. It's fantastic.



I rally cannot express how much I appreciate this string trimmer. It's taken trimming from a avoid at all costs task for me to a I'll do it because it's kinda fun.



Cons, absolutely none for me! Black & Decker LST1018 12-Inch 18-Volt Lithium Ion Cordless String Trimmer/Edger with Quick Charger

After reading another review on this product, I thought that if you can get 24 minutes run time at a session it would work out pretty good. Even black & Decker said 24 minutes of run-time. The good news is it charges in 36 minutes. The bad news is that after 10 minutes of weed-eating, the battery is completely dead. I used it three times with the exact same results. I didn't even get 15 minutes! Who can get their weed-eating done in 10 minutes? If you want to keep charging and going outside to weed-eat for 10 minutes at a time, this one's for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere. I feel like I got ripped off. Never again!

All in all, this trimmer does what it's advertised to do. It's lightweight and easy to operate. The battery life isn't fantastic, but I run the trimmer pretty hard for a several minutes at a time.



If you have a relatively small lot (common in So CA), I'd recommend this trimmer. If your yard is a mess with a lot of brush, I'd pass on this for a gas trimmer.

Pros: quick charge, long enough lasting battery, light weight,

Cons: none yet





After years of struggling with my gas powered trimmer I decided it was time for a change. I have owned electric ones before and didn't want to deal with electric cords. I was hesitant to buy a battery powered trimmer, worried the charge wouldn't last or it would be under-powered. Well, this trimmer is neither. I throw the battery on the charger before I cut grass and it's fully charged by the time I am done. I have no problem doing my entire yard on one charge. I only have 1/3 of an acre, but we do have several flower beds, a swing set, driveway, and sidewalks to trim along. The edging feature works great. Plenty of power for typical suburban yard work. If your looking for heavy duty this is not for you. But, if you are looking for a good trimmer for typical yard work this is a great product.

I love my new trimmer/edger! No cords, no gas, lightweight, relatively quiet, automatic line advance (so no bumping). The battery runs for about 20 minutes, which is plenty of time for all our edging, and we have a lot of beds to edge. I like that it doesn't slowly lose power--it just stops when it's out of juice. The battery recharges quickly, maybe in a half-hour. Only problem on arrival was a seriously twisted line spool, which kept it from advancing. (Hard to resist bumping it.) All I had to do was take off the spool and rewind the line neatly, and now it works like a charm. It's a good weight for me, and the adjustable handle allowed me to find a comfortable height. (I'm petite.)

After a bad experience with a different B&D product I was skeptical. This has exceeded expectations. Overall its easy to use, cuts well, and holds a charge. Specifics...

CHARGE TIME: I can trim and edge a 40 x 120 lot on one charge. It recharges in 20 minutes or less.

CUT: cuts even plants and vines pretty well. Cut is smooth.

EASE OF USE: Comfortable to hold, lightweight, easy to pivot. Very easy to convert from trimmer to edger.

I spent hours researching the alternatives at all price levels. After a summer of usage I recommend this one without hesitation!

I'm very happy with this truly evenlightweight but very powerful tool. I ordered it from Amazon and received it even earlier than estimated. It was very easy to assemble, just needed to charge the battery. It handles easily and eats everything in its path, from thin weeds to thick brush. It runs for about 20 minutes non-stop, then I have to recharge. Great feature is that the line forwards on its own, no need to bump it. I'm surprised of the quality this tool shows for the money I paid.

Trimmer cuts as well as any other trimmer. Battery charge lasts only about 15 mintutes cutting time which goes by very quickly. Excellent for people who tire easily and do not have the strength for conventional trimmers. you can cut a few minutes and then rest while it charges. Beats the heck out of dragging a cord and only a first choice if you have minimal to trim or you just cannot handle the gas power ones.

I bought this because I had an electric trimmer and hated dragging the long cord around. I was sceptical about buying a battery trimmer because I heard they don't have much power and recharging was a pain and time consuming. I just used this for the first time and I must say I am very pleased with it. I hadn't trimmed yet this year summer so things were quite long and overgrown. Went through everything without a problem. The first charge only lasted 15 minutes but that's pretty good considering what I had to trim. Now that I will be doing it consistently the charge should get me through my yard or most of my yard. The fact that it is lightweight and so easy to use is enough for me to make up for the fact I might need to recharge it midway through. This was a great buy. Would definitely recommend it to someone else. - Cordless Trimmer - Cordless Weed Whacker - Weed Eater - Black And Decker'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cordless Weed Eater - black and decker, weed eater cordless weed whacker Cordless Weed Eater - black and decker, weed eater