Friday 9 September 2011

Earbud Headphones - earbuds, iphone headset


I must have small ear openings because the stock earbuds that come with Apple products are very uncomfortable when inserted and do not stay in for long. I hate earbuds. I really, really hate earbuds. So why did I buy this headset? First, it had the ear hooks so the buds didn't need to go into the ear. Secondly, there are different sized "ear caps" so you can change the size of the bud to fit your ear opening (what a concept!). And thirdly, the price was the same, if not better than comparable products. I read several reviews on this headset (Philips SHH8006/28) and decided to give them a try. The over-the-ear hooks are great - they keep the buds from being yanked out accidentally and do not interfere with my glasses or sunglasses. The different sized ear caps are what really made the grade for me - the smallest caps fit very comfortably into my ear openings. And the sound is much better than the stock buds that come with the Apple products. The price was good enough that we ordered two sets - one for me and the other for my husband. The controls work well with both the iPhone 3Gs (mine) and the older 3G (husband's) - even though the packaging said not all controls would work on the 3G, they all appear to function normally. I've not used headsets before, so I have some trouble with the controls, but I figure I will get used to them the longer I use them. Overall, I highly recommend the Philips SHH8006/28 headset and am very pleased with my purchase. Philips SHH8006/28 Headset for iPhone with Remote and Mic

I was excited about getting these as my Apple issued headphones died due to sweat. I thought, these will be great for the run and perfect for the gym as I do crunches or whatever and the Apple ones were constantly falling out.



First, the headphone is that inner-ear rubber thing. If you've had trouble getting those to fit in the past, these will be no different. They are a tough fit.



Second, even with the hook around apparatus, these things are pretty easily jostled. I got tons of movement and found I was constantly reaching up to adjust them and press them back into my ears.



Third, the controller is heavy and bangs against you when running.



Lastly, and most importantly, they sound TERRIBLE. Tinny, hollow, quiet.



Don't be duped. These are not the headphones you want. I returned mine and picked up the Adidas Sennheiser 680i [....] Those headphones are fantastic and I would highly recommend them to anyone using these for athletics and even general use.

I did a lot of research trying to find a set of iPhone-compatible (with the remote on the headphones, etc.) set of headphones that had great sound quality, were noise-cancelling, and that would stay in my ears during runs. Most of what I found was either low-priced earbuds or high-dollar earbuds that seemed to have either poor reviews or were just way more expensive than I'd ever want to pay for such a small product.



Finally, I found these Phillips headphones. Under $40, and they meet all of my requirements. Comfortable. Create a seal, so no noise. I can actually hear my podcasts while on the train. And, the ear wraparounds mean they don't fall out during long, sweaty runs. The bass is pretty kickin' too, and all of the iPhone functions work perfectly. I did a test... I need to turn my iPhone up about 1/3 of the way to hear fine even in noisy areas while wearing these headphones. I used to turn my regular white Apple headphones up all the way and could barely hear anything, especially on podcasts, which are compressed a bit more than music.



The only knocks at all I have on this product are that they are a bit difficult to put on and off, and the cords tangle easily. Also, I would've like an option in white. So far, I see no reason why you wouldn't purchase these instead of the cheap iPhone earbud knockoffs or the overpriced 'professional' sounding headphones.

I purchased this headset for the main purpose of running on a treadmill. The headseats won't stay in the ear canal to give you a good sound once you start running. I've tried all three sizes.



With that said, it has good sound and will stay in the ear canal allowing for sound isolation if you're doing moderate walking or some lower level of body movement.



The mic picks up well.

These headphones sound great and are extremely comfortable...however, the mic/volume controller on the cord is susceptible to moisture. If you are intending on working out and sweating a lot, you may want to get different headphones. When the controller shorts out, the iPhone constantly tries to play, pause, and change tracks. - Iphone Earphones - Iphone Headset - Earbuds - Iphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information