Monday 8 August 2011

Video Glasses - 240hz, 3d movies


A parital reason I decided to go with Sony for my new HD3dTV was the performance of the the 3d shutter glasses and their comfort. Glasses are not really the correct terms as these are more like goggles that will fit over a pair of regular glasses. They are totaly enclosed and shut out most light from the tops and sides. They do dim the picture a bit but most 3dTV's compensate for this by getting much brighter in 3d mode. They work well with in the the range they are intended. If you tilt your head more than 10 degrees of so either left or right the 3d effect is lost. Opperation is simple with a single button to push on and off. They're semi adjustable for those with smaller heads but if you have small children like me then you will need to get the BR50's which are narrower lighter and more like a regular pair of glasses. Part of what I enjoyed was the fact that they do block most ambient light from all but in front. They are fairly hefty and you will start to feel their wieght right about the time the credits role in a two hour movie, but then I don't normally wear glasses and I start to feel that way after two hours in a pair of sunshades, YMMV. Unlike the Panasonics and Samsungs glasses I tried, you can still opperate a laptop or anything else with them on and not get a lot of flicker. The other brands tended to cause every other light source to flicker except for the TV's which only flickered when the glasses were out of sync. The Sony's sync very qucikly and don't reset during bright parts of the movie ala the Panasonics. They could be lighter but frankly they feel quite sturdy and not nearly as fragile FEELING as other brands I've tried. They are battery powered by a standard CR2032 watch battery and last for about 80 hours of viewing. If you watched a 2 hour 3d movie every night, plus a football game every week they'd last just over a month. That was a concern for me until I did the math. The Sony sell for about $100 vs the other brand reacharbles which go for $150. With batteries selling for about $8 for a pack of 10 it would take 4 years of watching at that rate to see any savings on the rechargables. Overall they work well though I wished they came with a hard case instead a velvet pouch. Sony TDG-BR100 Adult Size 3D Active Glasses, Black

3d Glasses work great.

Sounds like most of the bad reviews are user error.

I do wish Sony would just integrate their transmitter with their 3d TVs.

I install 3d TVs all the time for a Home Theater company.

I personally think Sony has the best 3d. Samsung and Panasonic are great to.

Don't even mess with Mitsubishi, too many compatibility issues.

As for the Sony glasses, I think they are the most durable.

Love my Sony 55NX810.

As for a Blu-Ray player, just get a Playstation. It updates automatically, 3d games are awesome, Gran Turismo 3d is out of this world.

When I first connected the 3D transmitter to the TV and tried watching a 3D Blu-ray, I encountered a few break-ups of the 3D experience. It was then that I discovered I had the transmitter pointing toward the TV and not toward me. Once that was corrected, the break-ups stopped. I'm actually surprised they managed to work as well as they did before I discovered my problem.



The glasses shut-off automatically only when there is no 3D signal. That's done to save batteries. As long as you're watching a 3D feature, the glasses continue operating without any problems at all.

We ordered the 3D starter kit from Sony which included two pairs of these glasses; we have now used them for 3D viewing for a few weeks now.



My first impression was they were heavy and tight on my head; I discovered later that the frames temples can be adjusted to better fit each individual wearer very easily. Now they fit much better and are reasonably comfortable. My wife needs glasses to watch the TV and these 3D glasses fit over her other glasses very nicely.



I believe that the glasses must be turned on by pressing a small switch on the right side; as one reviewer has pointed out the glasses turn themselves off after 5 minutes with no 3D signal from the transmitter. The soft case is a little tight but the glasses can be worked in with some care.



As an audio/video hobbyist I have often found myself on the cutting edge of technology (occasionally known as the bleeding edge). The question now is how will this technology progress; will it die on the vine or blossom into something very special. I cannot answer that question at this time but must acknowledge that I have been encouraged by the promotional disc sent to me by Sony, "3D World."



This was sent because I purchased a Sony HDTV and has some very remarkable footage on it. The most exciting to me was a video of a football game; the depth of field was the best I have ever seen anywhere. One could look at the action in the foreground and see sharp images in motion; but then look at the people standing on the far side of the field and see clear sharp images in the distance as well. This was far and away the most realistic use of 3D I have ever seen and it was all actual footage, not animation.



The reason I mention this is that it encourages me to think about what might be done in the future as engineering and production expertise develops and improves. This is new technology and I have often experienced the progression in quality as experience enhances the results. I have seen a few other 3D films but none have even come close to the quality shown in this promotional disc!



If the industry as a whole can begin to incorporate the improvements shown in this disc, the world of 3D reproduction for the home is going to be a very exciting place. Having purchased a 3D TV and all of the required accessories, I truly hope this happens!



In the meantime prices will probably come down if the technology takes off; if you're willing to take the chance, the 3D experience right now is entertaining and filled with hope. - 3d Movies - 240hz - Bravia - Video Glasses'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


video glasses Video Glasses - 240hz, 3d movies