Monday 8 August 2011

Meditation - gaiam, exercise


This is a great yoga mat, especially given the price. It's attractive, it's comfy, and it's sticky. If you've been doing yoga on the floor (as I used to do), or if your mat is a little worn, I really recommend this mat. A good mat increases your strength and flexibility by allowing you to stretch further.



As for the smell others have commented on with these mats, yes, it smells a little plastic-y when you first unwrap it. But that goes away quickly. And, I'm not saying it smells like roses and cookies or anything, but it's really not that bad. I can only smell it when doing floor stretches close to the mat, and it just smells like a kind of "new car" smell--it's not offensive.



I have had a Gaiam mat for over a year, and I just bought this one as a replacement because my old one is getting worn after VERY consistent use for a year. I think that's a great value for about twenty bucks. Gaiam Bloom Printed Yoga Mat (Fuchsia)

I've been a yoga teacher for a few years and have used several Gaiam mats during that time. They are all good quality mats and hold up well, even under daily use. For a mid-priced mat, this is a good choice. Be aware that the color of this mat really is fushia as described, it looks a little more purple on my computer screen but when it arrived it the color was definitely fushia.

Did not like the color of the mat. I also felt it was kind of slippery. I read somewhere that you should was the mat with mild detergent first. The color just wasnt giving me a good Aura. I sold it to someone after the first class. - Yoga - Exercise - Gaiam - Mat'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information