Monday 8 August 2011

Great Product - en-el9, battery charger


Works great, and takes up almost no space! This charger effectively charges my Nikon battery quickly. Great feature with the car charger- I wish the original charger (that i lost) had been so versatile! Nikon EN-EL9 / EN-EL9A Premium Compatible Battery Charger Set for Nikon D40 / D40x / D60 / D5000 / D3000 Digital Camera

It does indeed charge the batteries, which is the important point. The product itself is kinda cheap (as you would expect for the price) ... the first one they shipped had gotten broken in pieces in the mail and I had to ask them to send me a replacement (which was done promptly, which pleased me). The prongs that pop out to plug into the wall are kinda loose so I have to plug it in upside down so the weight of the battery doesnt shift the weight of the charger and cause bad contact so it doesnt charge, but with it upside down it works great.

The supplied Nikon charger only works on 110V power sources and you'll need this if you plan to travel outside of North America.



The charger is also smaller than the Nikon one and the power prongs flip into the unit when not in use to keep it compact for travelling.



Note that the charger I received was not exactly as pictured and has two narrow plastic pieces that stick out from the unit to hold the battery in place while charging. I can see these pieces breaking off quite easily if the charger gets jammed up against something in your camera bag.

I don't understand all the good reviews. I agree, it's nice and small but that's the only plus. If you look at the picture, there's a little tab at the bottom of the battery platform. Friction against this tiny tab is all that holds in the battery. Pressure from the battery bends this tab and the battery comes out. I've added a velcro strap to it in order to hold the battery in place.

This is such a waste, regardless of the price. It is so cheap. I read the previous reviews and trusted in the satisfied ones just b/c of the price i suppose is why i took the risk.. Well, i should have stuck with my doubt when reading about the cheap quality and tiny little plastic stub that is supposed to "hold" the battery. i was really waiting for this delivery b/c i need a charger for my nikon d60... the plastic stub broke off immediately just like the other review said and now its completely useless. the thing is really, really cheaply manufactured, im assuming if it did work it wouldnt have lasted long anyway. aside from the not at all durable plastic stub the metal "prongs" look very similar to curved staples and dont even fully align with the battery. it was really a big huge waste of time regardless of the price. i ended up driving to radio shack.

Why isn't something like this is the Nikon box? It is small and the plug on the back makes it very easy to just plug in with no tangled mess of cable. The car adapter is a plus also for shooting in the field. The unit does get a litte warm, but not too hot. Recommend this product and hopefully the Nikon designers take note.

I previously inadvertantly gave this item a bad review when I thought I was reviewing some batteries I had purchased. The charger is just what I need for my travels. I sincerely hope I didn't cause anyone not to buy this product, as it is absolutely everything it is supposed to be. - Nikon - Charger - En-el9 - Battery Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


nikon Great Product - en-el9, battery charger