Friday 26 August 2011

Self Esteem - self esteem, ageless


I learned some things from this book that were useful, specifically that all these different topicals which seem to have similar names have solid reasons for use and for layering. In this, I did find value and will recommit myself to my skin care program. You can really improve your skin using drug store formulations, according to this book.



Unfortunately, much of the other information was not new to me, and the writing style while attempting to be light-hearted and kindly, was irritating at times. I felt a bit like I was being talked down to, and redundancy thoughout the chapters bothered me.



The beginning of each chapter has a "Quiz". I felt the quiz format was a lazy way to avoid crafting an intelligent essay on the subjects of the questions, and so I just skipped to the answer section after the first two quizzes proved irritating to me. And no, this is not my PMS week.



The products the doctor recommends always includes, at the top of the list, his own line of product.



Certainly the author sounds capable, and most dermatologists don't provide this type of information in detail. I've been to half a dozen derms up and down the west coast over the last 20 years, and not received this amount of detail except from one dermatologist, so it's probably not common practice. Due to that dearth of derm focus on daily skin care beyond sunscreen and moisturizer, many people may find this book educational. However, I felt an extensive article could cover most of the content of this book. The Youth Equation: Take 10 Years Off Your Face

I found this book to be extremely informative. I think that it gives women hope and empowers them to take control of their skin health and appearance, even if they can't afford Botox. So many people find their doctors intimidating, and are afraid to push for more information because the appointment time is so hurried. This book is like the ultimate dermatologist appointment where every question is answered. And the best part is great product recommendations for things I can buy at the drugstore.

Years ago a young dermatologist told me that if I took care of my skin and took advantage of the developments in skin care preparations that I would never have to subject myself to the cold hard steel of surgery. This author takes you through the maze of information that exists. I especially appreciate his explanatioon of injectables that is a smart women's way of being truly proactive. The author also has a line of skin care products at CVS. However, with the range of items from Oil of Olay and the discount structure of Amazon....my cost/benefit analysis continues. I think groups of friends would do well to get this book and then get together at least quarterly to discuss results. Putting your best face forward is a great economic tool as well as a very self affirming process. Great tool for organizing your mind to be on the alert for the aging process. I am a true Amazon warrior in fighting what some people consider the inevitable fate of being an old lady. - Self Esteem - Ageless - Skin Care'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information