Friday 26 August 2011

Exercise Bike - recumbent bike, highly recommended


This bike does what it says in the description. It was relatively easy to assemble, but did arrive with some shipping damage. The plastic legs were crushed but Stamina did send a replacement within a week. Regarding performance, it is quiet and stable with enough resistance for most people. The adjustment for the seat distance is not the easiest so I would not recommend if you are not limber enough to hold the base in place with your legs while you try to slide the adjustment forward or backward. The electronics is very simple but not very important to me in terms of different programs. I only use the timer. The main criteria for my purchase of this bike was: Low console to not block view of TV; step through design; and price. This bike fits the bill. If you want a bike that looks & feels expensive then this is not for you. It's just a clean simple bike. Stamina 4825 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Bike

Contrary to some other reviews, my package arrived in great condition. Everything was well-packaged and intact. The instructions were relatively easy, but took a lot of concentration (as I'm not so wonderful at these types of things). As others experienced, 4 screws were already screwed into the bottom of the seat and 4 more into the back of the seat. These had to be unscrewed first, then re-screwed in to attach the parts to their various mounts and brackets.



Although the tools provided are adequate, I switched to my own tools halfway through assembly to lessen my frustration.



I chose free shipping to save myself $50. I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money to get the machine sooner. I was glad I did. It arrived in 7 days and was worth the wait.



I really love that this machine has no arms - the recumbent bikes at the gym all have arms that go back and forth as you pedal and I don't like them. This machine is low to the ground, too, which makes it less obtrusive in the space it's in. I also really love the low computer console - makes for unobstructed viewing of the TV while I work out.



And this things makes no sound whatsoever! I was astonished at how quiet it was.



I should also note that I'm not a small person. This machine has a weight limit of 300lbs and it's quite sturdy. It's not as beefy as one you'd find in a gym, but it's totally adequate for a home gym. I broke my leg a few years back and every physical therapist I saw had me ride one of these bikes during my recovery. If you have ankle flexibility issues like me, it helps a ton.



All in all, this machine greatly exceeded my expectations, given the amount paid for it. I recommend it highly.

The shipping box looked pretty bad upon arrival, but the contents were in perfect shape due to excellent interior protection. Screws I thought might be missing were already in place in the seat and seat back. Put it together in less than 1 hour working alone with my own tools. Tools provided are like survival kit. Would work but would take much longer. Perfect fit & finish on all parts. Very high quality for this price. Very sturdy and stable ride as evidenced by 300 Lb. rating. Large easy to read computer display. Easy to move wheels. Easy seat adjust and tension knob.

I've had this bike for 3 weeks now and I really like it.



Packaging was good; all parts were accounted for and none were broken.



Putting the bike together wasn't difficult for one person. I didn't even break a nail! It would have been nice to have someone there to hold the pieces together while I was attaching them but I managed. I am grateful to another reviewer for mentioning that the screws for attaching the seat pieces were already in the seats. That was extremely helpful.



Since I'm a couch potato and a plus size woman exercising is not something I enjoy. I find it tedious and boring. My main reason for buying this particular bike was that the control console was low and wouldn't block the TV. It is also very quiet. I can watch shows or play video games on my Wii while working out which greatly increases the chance of me actually getting regular exercise. It is also easy to move around my apartment.



The floors of my apartment are somewhat warped. If the bike is not level it makes a clicking noise when in use. It's not loud and moving the bike to a less warped area of the room stops the noise so it's not a big deal but it might be annoying for some.



I was surprised by how well the resistance works. I've owned stationary bikes before and I've always had trouble changing the tension. And sometimes the tension was a joke. But this bike really provides a workout.



I'm glad that I got this bike.

I've lost fifty pounds just through diet, but I have a good way to go yet. I like the recumbent bike because it takes the pressure off my back and keeps me from hurting myself with my own body weight. There's a recumbent bike in the exercise room of my apartment complex, but it is always in use, so I priced gym memberships--they seem to be pricey in my neighborhood. For the cost of four of five months at the gym, I bought a set of resistance bands and this exercise bike.



When it came, I was surprised how small the box was, but it was almost too heavy for me to maneuver into the room where I set it up. Definitely use your own tools if you can (an adjustable wrench and a screwdriver); the wrench is pitiful. By the time I had the bike assembled (which took me about an hour, being careful), the wrench was mostly stripped, and the nuts were getting stripped. Fortunately all seemed pretty stable and fit together properly. The bike was surprisingly compact. I think the low monitor position really helps it not take over the room.



I expected the bike to move or shift as I pedaled, but it held up sturdily. The movement was quiet and smooth. The seat wasn't the most comfortable ever, but it was fine for a 30-minute session. Even though I am not used to exercising, I found a resistance of 5 (on a scale of 1-7) to be comfortable but challenging at the speed I pedaled. The monitor is not difficult to learn, and the two weight-loss programs I tried were reasonable. Everything worked well. I wasn't used to having my pulse checked on a bike, but it worked well too, and seemed accurate.



No complaints here! So far this is a promising machine. I like using it, so I hope it holds up for daily sessions for a good while. - Recumbent Bike - Highly Recommended - Exercise Bike - Stationary Indoor Bike'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Exercise Bike - recumbent bike, highly recommended recumbent bike Exercise Bike - recumbent bike, highly recommended