Friday 26 August 2011

Battery Pack


I used these on a HPI Sprint 2 Drift, charged it at 3.8a , took a little over an hour, but maxed out at 4200mAH, i got two, and both ran for 1 hour of solid power drifting, compared to Orion rocket pack, these are good for beginners, cheap, good quality, and good power constant power. 7.2V Tenergy 3800mAh Flat NiMH High Power (38A Drain Rate) Battery Pack with Tamiya connector for RC Cars and Sumo Robots

I left a bad review here earlier, but after trying a different charger, I got the battery to hold a charge. Now it's a screamer. It's just picky about its charger. Great battery for the money as long as you have the right charger hanging around.

I bought this battery as an upgrade and extra for this cool r/c tank I bought my teenager - 1/16 German Tiger Air Soft Rc Battle Tank (Upgrade Version w/ Metal Gear & Tracks).

The battery that this tank comes with is a nickel-cadmium rated for only 1300mAh, so I wanted a better type of battery with over double the runtime of the stock battery, and this was a great deal.

Since this is a nickel-metalhydride (MiMH) type battery, unlike the nickel-cadmium (Ni-CD) battery, it is not subject to the "memory" problem of losing its ability to charge fully if not discharged completely between charges.

This is a huge advantage, since it allows the user to "top off" its charge if only partially discharged.

Also, this type of battery does not self-discharge nearly as quickly as Ni-CD batteries, allowing it to go for around a year or so without losing more than about 10%-15% of its charge over that time.

Where before we were only getting around 30-45 minutes runtime out of the stock battery with the r/c tank, we now get somewhere around 90+ minutes, although we have run it longer than an even 90, so it might even make it up to a full two hours.

Impressive performance right there, and at just $21 (with free shipping if you add another $4 to your total), it's a great way to get more out of your 7.2v toys.

I also bought this nice smart charger for it - Tenergy Smart Universal Charger for NiMH / NiCd Battery pack 7.2V - 12V with charging current Selection/Temperature Sensor.

As long as you use this type of charger properly, you will not overcharge your Ni-CD or Ni-MH batteries.

Highly recommended.

Great battery for the money. Bought for an R/C Tiger I tank 1/16 scale on a recommendation from another review that was posted. Was a good decision since it gave a much longer run time. Purchased battery with the following:



Tenergy Smart Universal Charger for NiMH / NiCd Battery pack 7.2V - 12V with charging current Selection/Temperature Sensor]

I am fairly new to the whole RC world, and coming into it, I have heard about how long you have to charge the batteries for RC cars, and how little time you get to actually use the vehicle. In anticipation of this, I purchased three of these batteries, figuring that this would be enough. I would get to use one battery, and be able to charge the other two, always having at least one fully charged battery in in the wings. Well, I have to say I am very impressed with the length of time I am getting to use my car with these batteries. Anywhere between 20 minutes to half an hour of use before having to replace it. Obviously a lot of this has to do with the charger you are using, and the type of motor in the vehicle. But that all being said, I do recognize the hold time of these batteries, and would definitely buy them again.

i purchased this for my HPI mini trophy RC truck. It's all stock. I've only run it through 1 full pack and I'm pretty impressed. the power is very constant. When it starts to trail off then it's very very near it's end of life. It lasts at least 20-30min of continuous play, maybe more. I'll be ordering another one as a backup for myself. I haven't tested it's drain rate yet. it would be interesting to see how well it plays after 2 or so weeks of sitting. I also purchased on amazon b/c it's the cheapest I could find a 3800mah battery.

I adapted this battery pack to work on my Yokogawa H10X Top Gun freon leak detector. The original battery was a proprietary pack made specifically for the detector by Yokogawa and was discontinued years ago.

Since this Tenergy pack is considerably larger than the Yokogawa pack and would not fit inside the handle,...I opened up the original bad battery pack and located the + and - terminals,..discarded the bad batterys then ran a Tamiya RC car MALE battery connector's wires through the empty Yokogawa plastic battery holder and soldered them to their respective positive + and negative - terminals on the plastic battery holder, then plugged the empty pack back into the the leak detector and ran the connector out the bottom where it is hooked to the female connector on the Tenergy battery pack. I then zip tiedthe Tenergy pack to the side of the Yokogawa leak detector's handle. It now works as intended and should have DRAMATICALLY longer run times between between chargings as compared to the original weak suck Yokogawa battery pack. Saved me the cost of a new leak detector too.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Battery Pack Battery Pack Battery Pack