Friday 26 August 2011

Fire Tending Gloves - fire tending gloves, ove glove


I bought these because my wife burnt the oven mitt. So far I love it.

I use the oven a lot for broiling and cooking. These gloves definitely protect your hands and the wrist. I was able to hold on to an iron skillet at 450 degrees for about 10 seconds before it started to get uncomfortable. Grasping cookie sheets and pizza stones...etc are a breeze. Very convenient to have the use of all your fingers. They have silicone pads/patches on the outside for extra grip and more insulation. A word of warning though, those silicone pads get really hot on the surface so be very careful not to touch them immediately after handling something very hot. That's my only gripe. It's a little weird to actually wear gloves as opposed to an oven mitt but you stop caring once you see how convenient they are.

Absolutely would by them again. A pair for $25 I think is a fair enough price. Remember that these gloves don't make you invincible so use them with common sense.

You know that worrisome feeling you have when you quickly move a pot or dish from the oven? Gone. These gloves provide you the use of your fingers, so you have far FAR better control over hot items, without rushing. I've removed salmon from under the broiler (at 500 degrees) without feeling even a warming sensation, something that I'd always felt, even with expensive silicone mitts. I can hold pots removed from the oven (at around 400) pretty much as long as I could want, and am able to take them straight to the table without pausing at the counter to remove (and reset) my grip. The one tiny drawback is that you can't immediately slip them on; they take about 10 seconds to put on versus the few seconds it takes to put on big mitts. I really hope the manufacturer makes pot holders in the same style and fabric in the future.

Glove fits either hand as a convenience. However heat is absorbed by the material in the glove so it becomes uncomforable quite quickly when removing food from under the broiler or from a hot oven in general. Not recommended by this writer. - Fire Tending Gloves - Work Gloves - Barbecue - Ove Glove - Oven Mitts - Oven Heat Resistant Gloves'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information