Friday 26 August 2011

Microphone Stand - home recording, mic stands


Not much to say about this standard "old school" mic stand. Durable - you won't believe how heavy this is - and serving its purpose well. The only drawback is there is no room to strum a guitar while singing with it! Musician's Gear Die-Cast Mic Stand Black

I've been looking for an inexpensive mic stand and this fit the bill perfectly. It may be inexpensive but it's certainly not cheap - construction is sturdy and it breaks down nicely for travel. The base is heavier than I expected, but not ridiculously so - this was a pleasant surprise, not an unwelcome one.



Although I assume it was probably an oversight on my part, I figure it's worth mentioning, this is the stand only, no clip. Nonetheless, I was very pleased with this purchase.

I got this for my daughter for Christmas...Thank Goodness I got the Mic Clip too because this does not come with one. It was exactly what my daughter wanted.....Day 3 and she won't stop singing....lol Good Product

Exactly what I needed...this is a very sturdy, well constructed and affordable mic stand. The cast metal bottom has three removable rubber nubs to prevent scuffing hard floors..nice! The base is heavy and stable, which is good, considering this stand is being used to mount a second Roland Cm-30 Cube monitor for stereo sound. Outer Box was torn up in shipping but the actual stand was well protected and arrived without damage or blemish. Overall, a great buy for something thats simple but has to work.

I purchased 4 of these microphone stands to use in our church for the Praise & Worship Team. They are very sturdy and have a high tech look. We don't have to move them around at all just up when we sing and down when we are done. We have no complaints. As our Praise Team continues to grow I will come back and purchase more. I have recommended this product to other churches and will continue to do so for all who ask.

I got this a month or two ago and thought it wasn't going to be super sturdy... boy was I wrong. It is great for holding my Audio Technica AT2020 and easy to clip a pop filter onto. At first I was worried about the height of the product, but I received it and can make the microphone go well above my mouth and I am 6' tall. Overall it's a great stand. The only thing that is not really a problem, but can be annoying is that when you try to un-tighten the joint to adjust the hight, it sometimes wants to unscrew from the base. At the time though I had a broken hand so I couldn't use two hands. So if you use two hands, your all good on that. The base is hollowed out on the bottom but pretty heavy and it makes for a great stand that you don't have to worry about tipping over by just a small impact or something.

Santa gave this to my daughter for Christmas, and she loves it! She loves to play with a microphone from a karaoke machine, but she wanted a stand so that she didn't always have to hold it. Now she uses the stand to pretend to be everything from a singer to a reader in church. The stand is sturdy and adjustable, and the base is quite heavy. I was amazed at the quality considering the low price. I highly recommend this stand! (If you do purchase this, you need to know that that you'll also need to purchase a microphone clip. I bought a heavy duty clip from a local music store for about $6.00.)

I bought this stand for a young artist I am working with so she could get used to handling a mic and a mic stand for on stage performances. I was extremely surprise at the quality of this stand. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good vocal mic stand and doesn't want to spend too much. - Home Studio - Mic Stands - Home Recording - Microphone Stand'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information