Monday 1 August 2011

Micro Four Thirds - camcorder cases, camera bag


After searching through several other digital camera bags (that were either way too small or way too large) I found the Lowepro Edit 100 for my Canon G10 digital camera. It fits the G10 with neck strap in the main pouch and has plenty of room for an extra battery, memory cards, etc. Very lightweight and the shoulder strap is comfortable and sturdy. The main compartment can be zippered securely or can be left unzipped with the flip top velcro down (for easy, safe camera access while wearing the bag). I highly recommend this for the Canon G10. Lowepro Edit 100 Camcorder Bag (Black)

I read the reviews and bought it anyway for my Panasonic HDC-SD60 "coke can" camcorder. Yes it fits the camera and the charger in the main pouch but BARELY. I have to wedge in the charger and potentially scratch the camera. I wish I didn't need it this weekend or I'd send back and order the Lowepro 110 which would've been perfect. I could barely find another spot to squeeze in the extra battery I bought. Unless you ABSOLUTELY need something super, super compact, I would recommend the Lowepro 110 for anything larger than a point and shoot compact camera like a Canon PowerShot. Overall though, it is a great little bag if the size works for you.

I was struggling to find a good usable case for my Olympus E-PL1 micro four thirds based camera. I wanted something to protect it when I toss it in the car or in larger suitcases. This case is well built and fits the camera body and kit lens perfectly. There's about an inch of room with the 20mm pancake lens on it. It can fit the camera + lens, spare battery, spare memory cards, and lens caps just fine. When I travel I'd have to carry the charger and 2nd lens separately but that's fine.



It's well built, sturdy, and perfect for what I want to use it for. Get one if you're looking to tote your micro four thirds camera around!

After reviewing the various camera bags recommended for the Canon Powershot G11, I came across the Lowepro Edit 100 and found it to be almost ideal for my needs to safely store, carry and quickly access the camera. It may be a little bit larger than those recommended by Amazon, but I found those that were recommended were not able to store the cameras carrying strap and an extra battery. This is ideal for me.

I bought this bag because it is nice and small. However, it ended up being a lot more versatile than I thought. Although small, this bag still carried my Sony DCRSR82, my still camera, and extra batteries and chips for both! It's a great bag!

The Lowepro camcorder bag is sharp, compact, well constructed and portable. Many pockets for smaller odds-and-ends. However, be aware it is small; a bag that will fit under the seat of your car or in a larger glove box. There is sufficient room for the camcorder only in the main pouch, little else. This might be a decent gadget bag for a small digital camera (e.g., Coolpix, Powershot, Cybershot); however, if you're looking for a more comprehensive, versatile gadget bag for camcorder or other photo equipment, I suggest you search on... this isn't it.

I bought this bag for my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 12.1MP Digital Camera with 18x POWER Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD.

It is quite a tight fit, but I managed to find an optimal position for the camera in the bag which allows for fairly easy access.

The bag is light-weight, well padded and has some zips and pockets for holding (small) extras. I especially like the side flaps which can hold a slim mobile phone. Would have been nice had the sling strap been padded. - Camcorder Cases - Canon G10 - Accessories - Camera Bag'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Micro Four Thirds - camcorder cases, camera bag accessories Micro Four Thirds - camcorder cases, camera bag