Monday 1 August 2011

Laptop Stand - laptop cooler, logitech


My computer would get so hot while I watching movies or television shows on my computer that it would literally burn my leg. I didn't even want to think about what it was doing to my computer! I'd been looking around for laptop coolers for some time, but the reviews on most were not exactly promising. For a while I almost bought the Belkin cooling pad, but there were several complaints about the location of the fan making it prone to being blocked (which is the problem I have with my computer's fan already!). Then I came across the Logitech N100 cooling pad, and based on the positive reviews and rear air intake designed, I finally decided on this one, and man am I glad!



The first thing I noticed about the pad was how light it was. You won't believe it until you lift it yourself. It weighs next to nothing. It looks nice, too, and will complement any computer. It's plenty big enough to fit my 15.4 inch widescreen computer, and would probably easily fit a computer a couple inches wider. My computer didn't slide on the surface, and it's easy to move the computer while on the pad. They both lift easily together. The curved design leaves a nice area for air to come in under the laptop (one of the main reasons my computer got so hot while on my lap was because there was no space for air to get to the bottom) and it leaves a way for heat to escape. The genius part, however, is the rear air intake. It draws air in from the back, not from underneath the cooler. This is especially effective when I'm laying in bed. I can set the cooler on my plush comforter and air can still get in!



Immediately, I was pleased with the USB cable. There's a place on the bottom of the cooling pad where you can sort of thread the cord through so that it stays tight and isn't all over the place and in the way. So I threaded it through in the direction I wanted it and plugged it in. Then I waited...And waited...And waited. Nothing. Or so I thought. It was so quiet that I thought it wasn't working, and I had to lift my computer to check to see if the fan was moving! It was.



Now, some people have made a comment about the power of the fan, and I will agree with them that it is fairly low-powered. However, that's not really a problem. Because of the design of the cooling pad, only minimal air is needed. My computer fan has not kicked on since I've had the cooling pad. At the most, my computer will get slightly warm, but even then it's nothing compared to the burns I used to get from it. And it's probably a bit unreasonable to think that a machine doing as much processing as the standard laptop does is never going to get the least bit warm.



Overall, I'm immensely pleased with my purchase. It was worth the wait and the price to end up with a light, aesthetically appealing, nearly silent, and highly effective cooler. If you're looking around and haven't made up your mind yet, I'd recommend you give this one more than just a passing glance. Logitech Notebook Cooling Pad Green Accent (N100)

I wish I could give this thing two separate ratings but since I can't I went with 3 stars. I'd give it 5 for design alone. The placement of the fan and its intake are great. I never have to worry about the intake being cut off by my clothing when it's on my lap, a problem I had with my previous laptop cooling pad was a Belkin F5L001 Laptop Cooling Stand. I have also written a review for the Belkin pad.



I'd give it 1 star for the fan. The fan is extremely quiet but that is because it does not move a great deal of air. Since the air flow is very low, it is not adequately cooling my own laptop. While the 2 star reviewer states that the fan is overkill, I'd like anyone reading this to note that laptops vary between manufacturers and models. How hot your laptop gets will vary depending on make/model and even how you're using it. This pad may be good for you if your laptop only gets uncomfortably warm.



Unfortunately, this is not the case with my laptop, an older Macbook pro (that I suspect may be on its way out) that gets skin searingly hot to the point that it interferes with the functioning of the laptop. An efficient and working cooling pad is actually a necessity for me. If I could put the fan from the Belkin mentioned above, into this pad it would be perfect.

I had low expectations for this, since I haven't had great experience with cooling pads. They only sort-of work in terms of heat dissipation, and tend to be noisy (or become noisy as the parts wear in).



This one has so far been a very surprising change from the past. It's very quiet, I'm not sure if what I hear is just my notebook, or the pad as well. So I was even more sceptical about the cooling, but it fooled me. So far, my hot-running Dell XPS has been running much cooler, even when I'm doing something cpu-intensive like playing chess.



So try it, you might really like it! (The price is a bit steep, in my view, but I guess you get what you pay for.)



Note on size: this is about 14.25 x 11 inches, large enough for a 17-inch laptop perhaps. - Laptop Fan - Laptop Cooler - Logitech - Notebook Cooler'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information