Monday 1 August 2011

Condenser Microphones - usb microphone, condenser microphones


I had been researching USB Microphones for a long time and was nervous to make a selection, incase I ended up with a lemon. Well I just heard about this microphone a couple of weeks ago and read up on CAD Microphones. I took the plunge and bought this little beauty. It is made of a plastic casing, but don't let that put you off - this is obviously the trade off in getting a good quality USB for under $100. It's the inside heart of the microphone which makes it a great mic. Yes it is sensitive in picking up background noise, but I don't mind. I love that this mic has the ability to pick up a full texture of sound in the room. I also like that it records with very low background hiss, which is a big problem with integrated mics in laptops.

One important thing to remember with any USB mic is to know how to open up it's settings on your computer. When I first connected the U37 to my computer, it defaulted its input sound level to practically zero. It is in this setting that I have learnt to control the sensitivity of the microphone.

9/10 for this microphone. You won't be disappointed. Peace Out :) CAD U37 USB Studio Condenser Recording Microphone

I've had enough of people posting bad reviews that simply don't read instructions or don't know how to use the equipment they have. This Mic has settings that will allow you to hear a whisper in the next room, or you can turn down the sensitivity and you will be able to scream into the mic from a foot away and barely be able to hear yourself when wearing headphones. Do you want ambience? You got it. Don't need it, it's gone. You have total control of that. These people that are saying you can't use it for music because of terrible latency, don't know what they are talking about, if they can't figure out how to use an asio driver, then I certainly don't want to hear their music. Get you a good asio driver

I use ASIO4ALL. No Latency problems over here. How in the world do so many people with the same equipment have such varied results. Somebody doesn't know what they are doing.

The CAD U37 is a great mic for the money, but you have to be willing to tolerate its desire to capture ambient noise. If you're around a noisy computer, for example, it will capture that sound. If you are in an echo-prone room, it will pick up any echos. You might like this for multiple people to be gathered around a single mic and speak or play an acoustic number, but if you want something akin to an isolated sound where your voice and only your voice is registered amid a din of activity, you'll be disappointed.



I have not fiddled very much with the two settings on the microphone. I have kept the buttons facing to the left (if you are looking at the CAD logo (facing up) on the microphone).

The CAD u37 isn't as great as I thought it would be. The mic is very noisy and picks up way to much ambient noise. The other problem is with Logic Pro 9, it had way too much latency to be useful. I actually had to activate low latency mode and set my buffer size much lower than with any other usb audio device I've used, and sometimes it would still have latency. I am fairly disappointed as I had hoped it would be plug and play. I did like the quality of the microphone, maybe not the warmest microphone but has a lot of clarity to it which is nice. I would recommend this for podcasts or something where the timing of the recording is not critical. Another problem with USB mics is that they cannot be upgraded. If you are serious about getting nice semi-professional quality from microphones, I would suggest getting an actual xlr condenser with an audio input device with a phantom power supply like the line 6 ux2. Would probably be a better investment for you seeing as all you would have to do to upgrade is just purchase a better condenser. Will be returning this product.

This is a fine microphone if you're using it for voice-over or podcasting - it sounds pretty crisp and clear and it's inexpensive as well. The problem is that it markets itself as a microphone to record music, but the latency is so great that it's virtual unusable for that purpose.



Don't buy this microphone if you want to record music. Otherwise, have at it.

This worked right out of the box (Win XP) with more than enough gain to drive my applications (Skype and Audio Studio). I tried a similar Behringer mic and after much fiddling, on-line research and wasted time - I returned it. This CADu37 does not have as elegant a case and grill design as the Behringer or the M-Audio mics in this class, but it works very well and is half the price of M-Audio.

I bought this for just basic recording needs. I have a headset microphone, but the hard plastic clicks often when my jaw moves and I got tired of editing it out.



It was a breeze to set up, though I have to say it took me a few minutes to figure out how the stand worked. It works fine with Windows 7, Audacity, Dragon Naturally Speaking, and for voice-overs in PowerPoint. I'm sure it works well with other software; those are just the ones I've used it with.



So far I've used it only with solo recording, so I can't say how it would work with more than one speaker. For my purposes, though, it's just fine. - Usb Microphone - Home Recording - Condenser Microphones - Cad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information