Monday 1 August 2011

Barbecue Leather Gloves - smoker, barbecue leather gloves


I purchased these exclusively for grilling use. According to the other reviews, these are great for grilling. However, they must not have used this with cast iron on the grill. We have the lodge logic cast iron fajita plates that we use all the time. My husband tried to grab one of these off the grill using one of these mitts and the cast iron branded the leather and burned his hand immediately. So they may be good for regular grilling or the fireplace, I'm not sure, I just know that if you grill with cast iron or cook with cast iron...these are not for you.

These are nicely crafted gloves. They are excellent for dumping coals from a chimney starter and moving grates while the coals are simmering.



One word of caution though, as I learned from another reviewer. These gloves are not meant for sustained gripping of very hot items. Heat will penetrate the suede and padding eventually. Ouch!



Otherwise, I would recommend these gloves.

I use these gloves for handling my hot ovenware...they're much better than plain mitts -- the separate finger space permits much more dexterity!



I used these for all of my holiday baking, and now use them exclusively for all oven work. Fantastic product...



Examples of regular mitts:



OXO Good Grips Silicone Oven Mitt with Magnet, Licorice Black

Calphalon Twill Thumb Mitt, Black Licorice

Mario Batali Oven Mitt, Striped

If you have a fireplace, you should really have a good pair of fireplace gloves. If you use them carefully, you barely need to have any other fireplace tools. There are others on the market, of course, but I find these particular gloves to be excellent performers and an excellent value for their price.

The gloves are working great. We supplement our heat with a wood burning insert in our fireplace so everday I am reaching in to a hot stove to load wood and also carrying wood from the woodpile. The gloves work great, keeping my hands from getting burned and also keeping splinters and dirt at bay. There is one strange thing about the gloves - on the cuff of each glove is embroidered the words "Grill Hepler". Evidently the Chinese forgot to use spell checker. LOL.

I bought these to use while using my outdoor wok. They're fine for preventing splatter burns and handling relatively hot wok handles. I don't know if I would use these for handling something really hot for more than a few seconds, but they are a good way to protect your hands and wrists from radiant heat.



Take a look again at the product picture. See the nice red logo that is stitched on the cuff? Well, it's actually pink. It was a pretty easy fix, though. Fellas, if you're looking to get some nice grill gloves for an afternoon of grilling with your buddies, I would recommend purchasing some Black Sharpies in addition to these gloves.

Used them on my weber grill, was able to stoke the coals from up close with a poker without feeling any heat on my hands and forarms. I later picked up to steel grill baskets and delivered them to the table with no issue as well (used silicon to handle them so I would not dirty these gloves). These gloves are comfortable and accomodate a large forearm as well, just don't expect to shuffle a deck of cards while wearing them...but to manipulate items on your grill is no problem. - Wood Burning - Smoker - Barbecue Leather Gloves - Barbecue - Hearth Gloves - Fire Tending Gloves'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information