Saturday 27 August 2011

Defectivebydesi - portable speakers, ipod accessories


I bought this unit so I could have background music during parties and other events at my house. When it's just me, I can crank it up and the sound is pretty good. At more moderate levels, it's excellent. I've tested it with heavy metal, classic rock, dance, jazz and ballads. As you will undoubtedly read when looking at similar product reviews, the bass is not very strong, but it's not supposed to be on an item of this price. I gave this 5 stars because it performs perfectly for what it is intended for. And free super saver shipping is nice too! CTA Digital Sound Stage Speaker with Docking Station for iPod (White)

I was looking for a decent, inexpensive speaker for a small space - and that's what I got. The sound is good, neither awful nor excellent - about what you'd expect for its pricepoint - and I have yet to come across any distortion, after some fairly extensive experimenting with different volume levels and music genres. It's nicely compact, able to be easily toted from room to room.



What knocked a star off for me is its compatibility with the second generation iPod nano. The packing does include an adapter to support the nano (with separate adapters for first and second generation) within the docking station, but something in its dimensions is off; when the nano is inserted, it doesn't dock fully. Removing the insert and plugging the nano into the full space worked fine and it's possible to jury-rig two of the other adapters to support the nano, but it was still a moment's frustration.



Overall, the problem with the docking wasn't enough to truly damage the functionality of this product, and it's certainly something I would recommend to someone looking for a basic speaker.

I purchased this Ipod round speaker and I like it. However, I did return the item when I first received it because it was not working correctly. There was too much static. I return it for an exchange and as soon as I received the new one I tried it at it worked. I work in an office at this is perfect for my limited space. I recommend this item to anyone who want a speaker that will not bother other coworkers. good working item.

I purchased this item based on the reviews I read, and am very pleased. It will be used primarily at work, it is the perfect size for my desk. I played it for 9hrs straight today without a problem. The sound quality is just right for this purpose.

I was hesitant to buy something so affordable by a brand I had never heard of, but boy was I pleasantly surprised by this neat little set of speakers. It sits on my desk at work. Doesn't take up too much space. Sound quality is great. Going away on business tomorrow and I'm packing this in my suitcase because it won't take up much space. Go for it! You won't be disappointed.

I'm actually listening to my Ipod on this device as I write this review and I have to say I have been pleased with it. I've owned it for about 7 months now and use it in my office at work. The sound quality is good for the setting and it can get fairly loud if I need it to. I wouldn't use this as my primary speakers anywhere, but they are great for a compact work setting or house setting where you know you will never need to crank the volume. Also, at the price, its definitely an affordable way to listen to your Ipod.

I have a new IPOD Nano and the adaptor will not let it make a complete connection. The only way it works is to remove the adaptor, but then it's loosly sitting there and will eventually break the Nano. Beware if you have a new Nano.

This speaker is really only good if you plan on listening to your ipod "quietly". When you play something at peak volume (which is pretty low on this speaker) you tend to get an unclean "tinny" sound. Buy this if you want to listen to music at an office desk, but it's not really good for any other environment. It's cool that it charges the ipod while it's docked and the price is low - I can't say much else in its defense.

The docking caused my ipod to freeze up multiple times and always caused glitches in the music. I started using it with the cable to plug it into the speakers and not dock it, and the music sounded like it was in a bubble. The unit kept turning itself off every five minutes. Returned it after 3 days of constant baby sitting just to get it to work instead of being able to enjoy my music. - Dock - Ipod Dock - Portable Speakers - Ipod Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


dock Defectivebydesi - portable speakers, ipod accessories