Friday 29 July 2011

Plantronics Explorer 220 - plantronics, plantronics bluetooth


The Plantronics Explorer 220 Bluetooth headset is cheap, light, and easy to pair with a cell phone. That's about it.



Unfortunately, there are a lot more negative things with this unit that keeps me from recommending it.



-it feels as cheap as it costs;

-the transmission is weak (sometimes the person on the other line cannot hear me, and vice versa),

-often times drops the bluetooth connection,

-there are unwanted noise (humming, clicking, etc.) through the earpiece

-the ear hook hurts my ear, no matter which side I use it

-sometimes it "accidentally" turns on when in my pocket (when the button gets slightly pressed, it turns on) and I run out of battery juice in the middle of a call



I've gone through three of these units from three different sources, and they all have the same problems. So it is not an issue of just getting a bad item at one time.



Overall, I cannot recommend it. I gave it two stars because I do not usually talk on the phone for more than a minute at a time, and this is sufficient half of the time.



I've resorted to an older bluetooth headset, the Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset (Color Sent Based on Availability. Comes in Black, Blue and Grey, or Silver)[Bulk Packaged]. I know when it is on/off when the microphone boom is out/in. The soft rubber ear hook is gentler to my sensitive ear, and I've never had a problem with poor signal or dropped connections. Plantronics Explorer 220 Bluetooth Headset (Black, US)

A very mediocre headset. Cannot maintain a clear connection without being a couple inches near the phone. At longer distances, sound quality is filled with pops, and distortion, making it hard to listen to the person your calling. Personally, with all the issues with these headsets, it would be better to find a better deal on a higher end bluetooth headset.

I have an iPhone and wanted to have an option for getting rid of the wired headset mic + headphones. Even in a quiet room, the volume on mine does not get loud enough to be able to hear the other side very well, and the people on the other end of the line can not hear you either. It is literally unusable.



I have had other Plantronics in the past and been happy with them (until I lost, washed, or wore them out). Spend more money and get a better model.

The Plantronics 220 just doesnt work. It pairs, it connects, and it gives you a static filled connection even when holding the phone in your hand more than two feet away. Just garbage. The plantonics Voyager 510 - now THATS a headset-- can leave a phone thirty feet away and it goes through two walls in that distance. The 220- garbage. Also, beware buying so called Motorola bluetooth earpieces on a 'bay auction site. They are mostly counterfeit and work just as poorly as a real Plantronics 220.

This is one awesome Headset. Don't worry about what anyone with a bad rating says. There is just something on their phone that is not capable with this headset. I mean what are these users talking about. This thing is so simple especially for my awesome PS3. Totally an awesome headset. I hope that you will like it too. Either way I don't understand why these guys have bad ratings. It's crazy. I love this headset absolutely love it! If you buy this you'll be pleased!

Thats the truth. Dropped one in my pool, the toilet,left at TSA. Now I'm getting one for my cousin and replacing mine. Great product. Works in other rooms. I have a 2 br apt and I can here it as long as my phone isn't charging in the kitchen.

The best thing about these headsets is that they are obsolete and this creates grounds for hope that you will not be able to find one soon.



My issue is just that for the fairly many Plantronics users whose posts on the web indicate: the things die after a very short lifespan and will not turn on after a night on their charger. 220 might be a particularly bad reliability unit, but that is what I was searching for, of course.



Lasted all of two charge cycles for me.



Not very comfortable. Sound was poor. - Headset - Bluetooth - Plantronics - Plantronics Bluetooth'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information