Friday 29 July 2011

64 Bit - midi to usb


I play an Alesis Micron which I love, and wanted a quick easy connection to my laptop to play GarageBand samples live. Unfortunately the cable doesn't seem to play; as a "driverless" connector there's nothing to install, and it doesn't work.



If Alesis actually had customer-support contacts on their website I'll bet this problem could be solved. Instead, I'm going back to my M-Audio Midiman interface until Alesis sorts this out. Too bad, $50 down the drain. Don't waste your money. Great idea for a product.



Hey Alesis, let me know if this review bothers you. It's only the truth. Alesis USB-MIDI Cable AudioLink Series MIDI-to-USB Cable

I bought this to connect my Roland keyboards to my laptop(PC.)

Works great has lighted indicators for transmission of information confirmation and is simple and clean.

No problems at all.

Good product.

I was unsure whether this cable would work with Windows 7 64 bit (I am using Ultimate, but I'm assuming other 64 bit versions of 7 work the same), but I was pleasantly surprised to see that Windows was able to automatically install drivers for it. It works!



There are no instructions that come with this cable and I found I had to plug the Midi Out into my Micron's Midi In and the In into the Out.



The only software I've used so far with it is Synthesia and a demo version of Arturia's software-based synth, but both worked. There's a red LED in the USB plug that flashes when there is a signal, which is a nice touch.



I'm giving this product a 4/5 rating as I feel the price is a bit high for just a cable and also for the lack of instructions. (Maybe everyone knows that Out goes into In, but I didn't...) Actually, what I did was save it in my cart and kept watching the price -- Amazon dropped the price (it seems just temporarily), so I bought it. - Midi To Usb'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information