Friday 29 July 2011

Digital Answering Machine - corded speakerphone, answering machine


This AT&T Answering System CL4939 was easy to set up and I love the large buttons and large desplay screen. I was also pleased with volume control for listening and speaker. The only problem is that there is no battery backup for the time and date clock and we lose power a lot. However, the directory listing of stored phone numbers is never lost so I can live with this. Overall I would recommend it for people who need a wired/corded system. AT&T White Corded Digital Answering System (CL4939)

This phone works just like a phone should - clear sound. I like that it uses A/C power and not batteries. Easy to use speed dial and directory updates. Display is big and easy to read, and the tilt helps too. I've only had this for a few weeks now, but so far, so good.

I got this telephone in August 2007, for less than it was then available at Amazon. For some weeks, it seemed fine.



But my previous two AT&T phones were not so hot. On both models, the caller id LCD screens died within two years of purchase. And on the previous model, with a built-in answering machine, there were two other problems as well. The digital voice recorder went kafflooey, and was barely audible after a couple of years. Worse, the calls could not always be answered immediately, as the receiver button became quite temperamental too.



On this one, the number buttons sometimes stick, making for extra long dialing tones that stop only when one fiddles with the button edge. Additionally, the directions to enter numbers into phone memory, and even to record an answering message, are overly complex.



While this model cost about half what I paid for the last AT&T office speaker phone model, I'm not a huge ATT fan.



This phone is just okay. And I am pretty sure I've bought my last AT&T phone.



In answer to a request for other phone brand options, I'm more pleased with my RCA 2 Line Speakerphone. It has a lot of bells and whistles I do not use. And the speaker does not always transmit the greatest sound quality. But the caller ID screen has held up nicely, the price has come way down, and the phone is generally more sturdy than the AT&T brand items I've purchased before --- including this model.

All I want to say is that I have had this phone for about 2-3 weeks now and I like it. Big buttons for dialing, built-in digital answering machine, and one feature I consider the most important, hands-free speaking via the built-in speakerphone. No complaints here. I might buy another one for matching phones. I like corded telephones. You never have to worry about the batteries dying on you.

I had been using an old corded GE speakerphone for years. I use this phone for work so liked the fact that it would still work without AC power. My only gripe is that it required 4 AA Batteries to operate the caller ID and speakerphone. So I decided to replace it finally and chose this phone. My favorite feature is I have 3 individual slider bars on the right side of the phone that individually control speakerphone volume, handset volume, and ringer volume. Tilt screen is wonderful and has a large easy to read display. Its not backlit but that is ok. I like that you can enable the speakerphone easily with 1 button. On my hold phone I had to place the call on hold, hang up the phone, then press speaker. On this one you just push speaker and hangup. To revert to handset just pick it up. There is individual lighted mute button as well. Unfortunately I can't comment on the answering machine as I'm not utilizing it. My only negative at all on the phone are the number buttons. They are flush with the phone and you don't get a lot of feedback when pressing them so its kind of hard to feel if your presses have registered. They somewhat stick slightly. Not a huge issue but with all the other wonderful features on the phone I didn't expect this to be an issue. Even though this phone uses ac power, you can still operate the phone with no power but only minimal functionality will be available. All in all a very solid phone.

This is a very good product for my purposes. It has all the bells and whistles most folks could want. After seeing it on the net, I bought one at Wal-Mart. Later, I found the same phone on Amazon for $10 less w/free shipping. Sorry about that, Wal-Mart!

This phone has a decent speakerphone which is why I bought it, so that does make me happy. It has a very good answering machine and alerts you with a frequent beep and a flashing light. Since I keep it in another room I'm happy it has the beep. The Caller ID works well and the display appearance is decent. However, there is one drawback and that is that the phone does not have a battery back-up (no power or batteries) which is nice unless you have a power failure! We seem to have our fair share of these and therefore our phone flashes "set clock" most of the time! It keeps the memory of stored phone numbers however. I'm giving it a 3 because of the set clock issue as it really should have a battery or a short term memory after a power failure. If you don't have many power failures - you'll like this item I think. - Corded Telephones - Answering Machine - Caller Id - Corded Speakerphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information