Thursday 2 June 2011

Electric Toothbrush Refills


I've been using the Braun Oral-B electric toothbrush for the last 10+ years. Usually, I buy the regular, round Flexisoft brush heads. The last time I tried to purchase them, however, the store was out of stock. But they did have these, and at a significantly lower price compared to the Flexisofts, so I decided to give them a try.



They work well. They deliver that nice, absolutely clean feeling that we all love and expect from our Oral-B's. In this regard, they are at least the equivalent of the Flexisofts, and they may even be slightly superior.



Braun embeds 4 little rubber "paddles" into the brush head to, according to them, get between the teeth giving the same benefit as Dental Floss. I can not detect any "flossing" from the brush, but that would be difficult to assess. It may be that the "paddles" do get between teeth more effectively than the regular bristles, but only your dentist would be able to tell. They cause no discomfort. The brushing feels slightly different, but not unpleasant.



The chief drawback, as far as I am concerned, is that the brush head has been enlarged to accommodate the flossers. Rather than being circular, like the regular heads, it is an oval. The width is the same, but the height is about half again as large. I think that one of the Oral-B's great strengths is that the small heads can be maneuvered in such a way that you can clean every surface of every tooth. That is slightly (but only slightly) compromised here because of the larger size.



When I need to replace these, I will look for the regular Oral-B Flexisoft replacement heads. In my opinion, those are the best. But if I can't find them, I would not hesitate to buy these again.



***UPDATE 2/2011: It amazes me, but there appears to be a *thriving* market in counterfeit Oral-B Brush Heads! I purchase them only when they come directly from Amazon. Under the price, where it says "Sold By" make sure that it says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com." If it doesn't, look over on the right side of the page where it says, "More Buying Choices," and see if you can find one that says Amazon. Some of the Third Party Vendors are quite good, but I don't think they are carefully monitored so, when in doubt, stick with Mother Amazon.

I used to use the soft oral B brushes. I tried the floss brush and happily noticed that after my dental cleaning the usual staining of my teeth that happens over time never happened. Those little rubber paddles must be removing the stains before they start! Fantastic!



For me, this is a very powerful whitening brush.



Caveat: You must still floss. No brush replaces flossing.

If you like the small head of the standard round brush, be aware that these have a much larger head. The brush is a little stiff too. I have a pack, and I'll use them, but my next pack will be the standard brush heads.

I have been using this for now 5-6 weeks and must say this is the best brush head Oral-B ever made.



It brushes better then the normal circle head brushes that comes with most Oral-B eletric toothbrush. My teeth are also brighter.

I changed to these brush heads after using the other basic type for years and what a difference. I highly recommend these brush heads - I do see a difference and especially if you brush for the recommended two minutes. Wish I'd changed sooner.

At first i could not figure out why this didn't fit properly and kept falling off, immediately i noticed that they looked cheaper than the ones that came with my professional care 4000 but i just could not believe they were not genuine since im buying from what i consider to be a very reputable seller (Amazon), After doing research i realized Amazon sent me a fake product, the item i received does not have a serial number in the back, look at this pictures in this listing to see what i mean, i will notify amazon and i am sure they will help like always, i will still love Amazon as long as they fix their mistakes.

I own the Oral B Triumph and it is the best toothbrush I have ever had. My dentist's assistant recommended it, the next time I went back for a check up the dentist was amazed how much better my teeth were. Amazon also has the refile floss heads for half of the price of any where elsed.

Hello,



I just wanted to share my insight on the very very bad problem of counterfeit Oral-B Floss Action Replacement heads.



I purchased the 3-pack through subscribe and save, which means it was direction from Amazon.com. Upon receiving the product, it did not look anything like the original brush heads that I received with the toothbrush I bought months ago from Amazon. The primary differences were: the bristles were the wrong color(the center green was a darker translucent color instead of the opaque light green), the bristles were splayed out instead of in tight clusters, and the gray logo was much lighter. I chalked this up to maybe changes in manufacturing. Unfortunately, the first brush head I tried did not work at all. I chalked that up to manufacturing defect. The second one worked, but didn't quite feel right. I decided to just go with it however, and after a month the brush head became very loose. I saw the other reviews and photos and realized that I had received fake product directly from Amazon.



Here is the worst part. I decided to purchase replacement heads from Walgreens retail store. I got home and realized that they were also fake product. So, then I went to Target and very carefully looked at the brushes and determined that they were genuine. I was floored to find fake product in a retail chain store as well as at Amazon.



So, TLDR buyer beware of fake product when ordering online or shopping at retail. Look at the brush heads carefully before you make your purchase. It seems like there is a major counterfeiting problem right now and it hopefully gets resolved soon.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information