Thursday 2 June 2011

Component Cable - right angle, sata cables


I had purchased a right angle StarTech cable from another vendor almost two years ago. I wanted to use it to connect a second hard drive in my Dell Dimension E510. It did not work because of a clearance issue, and the second drive, while installed in the drive bay, was not usable. I happened to come across this cable on Amazon, and noted that several reviewers said it worked in the E510. I decided to take a chance, so I ordered it. It was delivered to me two days later. I noted at once that the right angle connector was significantly shorter than the other StarTech RA connector, so I was very encouraged. I installed it today, and after a reboot, the drive was recognized by XP as new hardware. When I went through this process two years ago it took me a while to diagnose the case clearance issue. Thanks to the reviewers who specifically mentioned the E510. I wouldn't have ordered the cable without that information. StarTech.com 24-Inch SATA to Right Angle SATA Serial ATA Cable (SATA24RA1)

Has the tight 90 degree connector and exactly the length I needed for a drive addition to a Dell Dimension E510. Good quality cable. Be sure to buy the proper length, as you'll most likely need more than you think.

These cables are awesome, the right angle head was smaller then I expected, I'm definately gonna get more of these



I have a system on a Micro ATX Board, and a dual slot video card blocks the SATA ports, These Startech right angle cables are awesome and fit behind the video card without a problem.



I was worried that the head would be too thick but thats not the case.

I'm reworking a computer and added a second hard drive and required a data cable. The configuration was such that a 24" cable with one right angle connector was required. The information provided in the advert met my requirements. The product delivered was as described and arrived promptly. The cable appears to be of good quality.

I have a few HP workstations (xw and z models) and they all mount disks so the SATA connection faces the access panel. You can fit some non right angle SATA connectors but it requires a very tight bend and potential connection issues. These cables fit perfectly and perform well even on 15K rpm drives. Very reasonable cost for a reliable product.

This cable worked out really well. The connector was so durable that when I was plugging it in, my receiving connector accidentally chipped a little. There was no flaw with the cable but I will surely be calling my logic board vender. The length is good and I recommend 2' over 18" unless it is a foot or so from point to point. always over estimate a little. - Right Angle - Sata Cables - Component Cable - Sata'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information