Friday 10 June 2011

Blank Media - blank dvd media, sony dvd-


I've been burning DVD's for over 3 years. The DVD's that I burn are for archival purposes. Due to the amount of DVD's that I burn, I look for bargains. I've never spent more than $25 per 100 disc spindle so I look for sales.



I typically find that some brands have about 5 to 10 discs that does not work. The defect could be from the way that they manufacture them. I'm not an expert so I go by the results that I get. CompUSA had the worst results at averaging nearly 15 bad discs.



But this is for Sony so let's get back to Sony. I've used them for about 2 years and the discs are in great shape. I find that the amount of bad discs for Sony is only 1 or 2 bad discs in a 100 disc spindle and have stuck with Sony ever since. The people that I burn them for are happy and so am I. I don't have to make another disc for them. If you can get them for $25 or less, it's the best buy out there.



Oh yeah, just to let you know, I've burned almost 4,000 dvd's. Some of the church goers wants copies of the sermons, so I provide that to them. Sony 16x 4.7GB Inkjet Printable Blank DVD-R (100-Pack Spindle)

I've been burning DVD's for years also. I do it routinely for the church and make home movies for friends. I have worn out several optical drives (burners).

I have had no problem with bad disks using this Sony product.

Nobody can match the price except for Sams Club, except I like this brand better.



This is info you won't get in the store or online:

An important thing for me is the size of the printable surface. Most brands cover the spool with an inside paper and you can't see what your getting. The size isn't listed outside either. Most brands use aprox. 118 mm printable OD. I have used brands having ID's of 22 mm to aprox. 30 mm. This Sony has a 24 mm ID and 118 mm OD. With this Sony you won't loose as much of your image in the center hole and the price is better than the 22mm brand that I used.

Don't waste your time ordering this item. YOU WILL RETURN IT. IT WILL ARRIVE BROKEN. Why you ask. The seller, packager, and the processing people all know this will happen yet they do nothing to prevent it. Total irresponsibility. They just blame each other instead of fixing the problem. After a waste of my time ordering this product from this supplier and order process, only to return it, I ordered the same item from another on-line site and it arrived perfectly. It was cheaper as well, so shop around. DON'T JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, LOOK AT THE OTHER REVIEWS, unless they have taken them down. This is the only item I've ever ordered with two feedbacks, one for the seller and one for the packager, that proves my point about the finger pointing game and no one wants to solve the problem. The customer looses, so don't waste your time.

When I received this item I was shocked. The discs, packed in its bundle, were only placed in the box with nothing to protect it--no bubble wrap, no peanuts, nothing. I can only imagine the beating that the pack spindle took while en route to my house. Incidentally, the pack spindle was shattered. I contacted the seller, who wanted me to ship the item back AT MY OWN SHIPPING EXPENSE. Ridiculous. I declined and will be purchasing my DVD's from a reputable dealer who doesn't neglect how to package their items. - Blank Dvd Media - Dvd-r - Blank Dvd - Sony Dvd-'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information