Friday 10 June 2011

Aa Batteries - cheap, alkaline


These Maxell batteries are alkaline and are of a name brand quality. If you refer to Consumer Reports you will see that with a few exceptions, there is little variation in the life of alkaline batteries of equal sizes between brands. I would recommend these batteries to anyone who does not frequent a Sams Club or Costco: their store brands are a slightly better value. Maxell 723443 LR6 AA Cell 48 Pack Box Battery

Long lasting and very affordable. Won't ever buy batteries in the store again. Bulk package is the only way. We use this for all of our kids toys as well as everything else and they last long! I also highly recommed them for photo use..I use them in my 580 EXII and my battery packs.

I feel like I have been ripped off all my life. I will never buy batteries in single packs again. In my opinion these work just as well and as long as the Enigizers I used to buy. These are used in all my little girls toys and work just as well. At $13.63 I can't complain!!

I have been steadily purchasing either Maxell's or Durcell Procell's over the past year or so. If you just need decent battery life for lots of devices, than these Maxell's are the way to go. However, if you prefer not to change your batteries out so often, than go with the Duracell Procell. The Duracell's last 1.5x longer than the Maxell's. Of course, you'll notice the price indicates that too.



Bottom line for me...Buy Durcell Procell's and have less waste and less time spent changing batteries. Buy Maxell's for quick power in large volumes.



Uses:

Hand held printers

Wireless Mice

Wireless Keyboards

Motorola 2 way radios

Flash lights

Something that is rarely thought about when purchasing batteries is what to do with the other 46 batteries when you open the pack. This case is sturdy and compact, much more re-useable than the battery packs you find hanging with the clear plastic front. This starts to become a factor when you are buying more than 10 batteries in a pack.

The battery life itself is excellent, I bought the pack a while ago and they are lasting as long as any other battery I have used before.

More importantly, if you are looking for AA batteries and you find a price at this price point, why do you even look at reviews? Even if the supreme brands last 100% longer you are still going to be saving money.

I never thought I'd be critical of a Maxell product, but these batteries are the worst AA's I've ever come across for battery life. I have been using them exclusively for still and video photography on my Lumix DMC-LZ10 and they are crap compared to many other brands. Yes, the price is attractive, but just to give an example, and this is no BS, this morning I put a pair in my camera right out of the box and started taking some video of my 4 year old grandson. The camera shut down at 1 minute and 55 seconds. Taking still pictures with flash is not much better; I'm lucky if I get 15-20 shots before these start to fail. The box shows the 'use by' date as 01/2015, so one would think they'd be reasonably fresh stock. And, believe me, it's not the camera. I have used mongrel brand AA's with far better success. Keep your distance from these AA's.

Don't buy these batteries! They last two or three days at the most, and then they just die. I just got some Duracells to make sure it wasn't the battery-powered item, and sure enough, the Duracells are still going strong. So--stay away from these. They are just a waste of your money.

Once you buy a value pack like this on Amazon, you'll never worry about rushing to the store just to buy batteries! You'll be saving money; these batteries last a fair amount of time! Like all other batteries, these have around 1.6V.



The packaging is very small and compact. But I prefer keeping all my batteries (AA, AAA, D, you name it) in a plastic container to keep them all together organized.



--- edit ---

I changed my rating from 5 stars to 3 stars. Like other reviewers said, they don't last long. They have 1.6 voltage when measured by a voltage detector, but don't let that fool you. Cameras, video game controllers, and book lights will DRAIN these batteries.

The choice is yours. More batteries that won't last a long time, or less batteries that are strong. Duracell Procell AA Batteries, 24-Count I recommend these instead.

I bought these batteries to keep by my desk for my mouse and keyboard. The battery life was short when they arrived, and I have had to change them out more and more frequently. Now, just a couple of months after purchase, they are all dead. I thought it was a problem with my keyboard, but putting other batteries in it solved the problem. Don't buy these. They seem like a bargain, but they don't last at all.

I received these today, unwrapped them, and immediately looked for the expiration date on the batteries. There was none on the batteries themselves, like the Duracell batteries, but, after searching the sides of the carton that they came in, I found on one end panel the notice "Use By 01/2015." Which means that the batteries sent to me by Amazon are not "New" as described, but are in fact 2 years old, or at least 35% through their shelf life, as of 12/31/2010.



I bought a 24 pack of of Duracell AA batteries from an Amazon Seller three years ago, and when I received them they were over six years old, and 18 died completely after seven months of no use, but had suffered no leakage. I had not checked the expiration date before I installed them, only after they emitted a loud "crack" when they failed.



I found that all alkaline batteries in use do expand and tend to pop their ends off and leak when they are old, no matter what the brand is. Another major factor in battery failure is the quality of manufacture. These Maxell batteries were made in China.



The six Duracell batteries I did use in three remote controls started "exploding" the ends off after five months with a loud "crack" that startled both my wife and I. That is why I checked the expiration date on the "New" batteries received today. I purchased 8 new Duracell AAA Alkaline Batteries at Home Depot this last September, and the expiration date, on each battery, is MAR/2017.



This purchase received two stars instead of a no star the batteries deserve, simply because Amazon customer service responded back the same day I had e-mailed them about the expiration date on the batteries, and I received an apology and a full refund.



The batteries received may be alright, and work well for a while, but I'm a bit leery about putting them into any electronic device to use them, because of the previous one star reviews, and my own experience with older alkaline batteries. - Aa - Aa Batteries - Alkaline - Cheap'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Aa Batteries - cheap, alkaline alkaline Aa Batteries - cheap, alkaline