Thursday 5 May 2011

Wrist Rests - ergonomic, mousepad


This mouse pad is very comfortable. It is firm enough to keep it from permanently losing its shape yet it conforms to your wrist nicely. If you are buying this because you think it is going to feel like a soft memory foam pillow you will be disappointed. The purpose of this mouse pad is to provide support, if it was really soft it would not do that.

I now have both a gel mouse pad and this memory foam one. I do slightly prefer the memory foam over the gel but they are not that much different when it comes to comfort. Fellowes Memory Foam Mouse Pad/Wrist Rest- Black (9176501)

I've used these mousepads for about 8 years now. I think they're fantastic. They have a pretty long lifespan and work very well. "Gets the job done" is about as accurate a description as I can give. The one complaint I have is that they get dirty pretty easily.

This is my first mousepad I own that has a wrist rest. I think it is also the first one I actually bought, rather than just finding a free one being given away. I figured I'm on the computer enough where it is probably a good idea.



What I liked about it is the bottom sticks to your desk VERY firmly, without being sticky at all. The pad hasn't slid a millimeter since I placed it down. The wrist wrest is a good firmness and decently comfortable. There is also a coating on the area your mouse lays that makes it more durable and makes the mouse glide easier than if it was just fabric.



My only complaint would be that the actual mouse pad area is pretty small. I often find when gaming or using certain applications that I reach the end of the pad sooner than I'd like with my preferred mouse sensitivity. This is made worse with the wrist rest taking up a portion of the pad. Also, I recall my hand/wrist starting to hurt one night after using the computer for an extended period of time using this mouse pad, where I cannot recall a single time this kind of cramping occurred without using a wrist rest. It may just be because I'm not used to the position it puts my hand it. We shall see.



Overall, I'm happy with the purchase.

Whe I first recieved this mouse pad I was well pleased but after a few months use it began to fall apart. The cover material on the wrist pad is coming loose at the seam. Also the surface it a bit too slick for proper traction.

The rest wrist is comfortable and the mouse pad helps "get the job done". My only complaint is the bottom of the pad is sticky/glossy to prevent sliding (although it has thin white paper pressed against the bottom when you open the package) which I wasn't expecting. The adhesive has a faint chemical smell to it, but hopefully that will go away with time.



Pleased with this product despite the minor issues.

The Wrist rest is useful and quite comfortable to rest on. Pad itself is just slightly on the small size but adequate. I use mine on a glass table so the fact that it adheres to the tabletop means it does not shift about. And yet I attach and remove and reattach it wherever I want to around the table without it loosing its ability to stay put! It is a definite recommend. - Ergonomic - Mousepad - Mousepads - Wrist Rest'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information