Thursday 5 May 2011

Bluetooth Speaker - portable speakers, usb speakers


The Logitech z515 Wireless Speakers are a compact, one piece unit...just over a foot long, less that 6 inches high and less than 4 inches deep. Total weight...just over 2 lbs. Priced under $80.00 at both amazon.com and Best Buy at the time of writing this review.



Features I liked:



1a.) Useable with battery only OR while plugged into wall receptacle (while charging at the same time).

1b.) A full battery charge should last about 10 hours

1c.) The power-on light also serves as a battery strength indicator...green-yellow-red, depending on the charge left.



2a.) Convenient portability. Small and light weight and has a little ridge in the back for your fingers, making it easy to pick up if you want to move it around.

2b.) Even comes with a soft carrying case for travelling/storage that also has room for the charging component.



3a.) Extremely easy set up for Bluetooth for my IPad...just go to settings>general>bluetooth>on>on

My IPad found and paired with the z515 in seconds and the speakers worked immediately.

3b.) Once connected, the Bluetooth range is about 50ft. before clarity diminishes.



4a.) Although you must physically turn these speakers ON/OFF, you can adjust the audio volume up or down from your I-device OR from the speakers themselves (at least I can with my IPad). AN ESSENTIAL FEATURE!...so important in fact, that these speakers would probably be rendered impractical for me, without this ability.

4b.) AND MAYBE MOST IMPORTANTLY, I can multitask from my IPad. I can listen to the news or music on my z515 speakers and switch Apps to check e-mails or surf etc...all WITHOUT interruption to my speaker broadcast. Without this feature the usefulness of these speakers would have been greatly reduced.



5.) The bottom of the speaker housing has a secure receptacle for storing the USB dongle. This device, when attached to a computer USB port, allows you to use the Logitech z515 speakers in conjunction with your desktop or laptop computer.



Concerns:



At this point only one...Rarely, when the z515 speakers are on, the wi-fi signal between my router and my IPad will suddenly stop! But the signal will spontaneously reconnect as soon as I turn the z515speakers off. Weird!



Impressions:



1.) STEREO...with small speakers only about 4 inches apart the stereo effect is, not surprisingly, not substantial. However they are good enough to produce that 'LIVE/VIBRANT' sound effect you only get with stereo and never with mono.

2a.) MUSIC quality...better than I'd expected from speakers this size. The bass...I thought was decent; the treble...a little thin and washed-out.

2b.) VOICE quality... talking, news etc...very acceptable.



Conclusions:



This is NOT a system you'd want if your looking for high quality sound.



This is a small, bluetooth speaker system that was made for PORTABILITY...it works clearly in any room in my house. Decent sound, given the size of the speakers. Perfect for vacation or times where more than one person would like to listen the news, music etc. It took me all of 5 minutes to make me realize that this small speaker unit, given the right circumstances, would become an indispensable part of my life that pertains to audio enjoyment. 5 Stars.



Ray Nicholson Logitech Wireless USB Speaker Z515

No frills - simply right.



Solidly manufactured, quite heavy, nice rubber feet, simple on-off and volume switch, and built-in rechargeable batteries.



Decent sound - not hi-fi quality, but way better than a built-in, and good enough to enjoy Netflix movies from my iPad at the coffee table.

I've played with a bunch of blue-tooth headsets, and some have an annoying audio delay, that makes watching movies unacceptable. This speaker set has a minimal lag, at most 50mS - and you'd need an instrument to tell that it wasn't synced with the movie. Test: Netflix streaming to iPhone or iPad via built-in blue-tooth, and Netflix streaming to PC with plug-in dongle wireless audio connection.



Blue-tooth range is advertised as 50 feet - which I didn't believe until I tested it. It picks up my iPhone (A2DP stereo) at well over 50' - more like 70 - in an elecitrically noisy office environment with many PCs and phones all around.



The dongle-based wireless connection works immediately - plugged it into my Windows 7 PC (64bit OS) and the driver loaded and connected within 3 seconds.



Would have been 5 stars if:

1. Blue-tooth remembered the device - if you use multiple devices, you have to re-pair the first after using the second. Since the devices invariably remember the speaker anyway, you have to make the device forget the speaker before you can re-pair it.

2. It would pair with two blue-tooth sources at once - iPhone and computer, for example.

3. It auto powered off after 30 minutes of no audio. I keep putting it away with the power on, and getting it out with flat battery.

I decided to re-arrange my home office and go wireless with all the main pieces attached to my home computer.



After careful research, and reading reviews all over the Internet, I decided to go with the Logitech Wireless USB Speaker Z515.



For the most part, I am pleased. I ditched a wired speaker set that had a small sub-woofer (also Logitech, btw). The sound on the wired speakers was better, but I expected a drop-off in sound quality with the wireless set. The trade-off of getting rid of the wires for slightly lesser quality sound was worth it.



I am very happy with my purchase. These wireless speakers are very good, but wireless speakers will always play second fiddle to wired speakers when it comes to sound quality. - Portable Speakers - Computer Speakers - Bluetooth Speaker - Usb Speakers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bluetooth Speaker - portable speakers, usb speakers portable speakers Bluetooth Speaker - portable speakers, usb speakers