Thursday 5 May 2011

Life Changing - instapark, laser pointers


For years, I've been looking for one of these high powered green laser pointers, but they've been too expensive for my budget. The Instapark 532nm is an affordable* green laser pointer. It is easy to use. The rear button turns the device on and off. The thirty second safety is a great feature to prevent a heavy dose of radiation in case the light accidentally turns on in your pocket or pack. In terms of style, the device has a rugged military look. The laser pointer is great for astronomy or long distance signaling. Given the intensity, I wouldn't use such a tactical light in an office presentation or in a game of laser kitty. There are two potential drawbacks to the Instapark 532nm. First, it uses CR2 batteries which are difficult to find. The other potential problem is the device's susceptibility to water damage. The directions indicate that the item may not work properly after wet. In a day and age when flashlights have been waterproof for decades, it seems odd that such a tactical looking device could be damaged by a leaky canteen in your backpack. All in all, the Instapark 532nm is a great high powered laser pointer.



*At the time of review, I acquired my Instapark 532nm for $22.10 ($29.05 with shipping and handling). Since then, the seller has raised the price considerably. Naturally, this is no longer such a great value as the cost is now typical of similar products. Instapark™ 532nm Powerful Green Laser Pointer Astronomy and Military Grade(Click-on, Click-off switch).

I've never owned a green laser but being that I was a kid once, I've hand many of the red ones. Green certainly is far brighter to the human eye and I can place an 8' dot on the side of a building that is over 2 miles from my home. The construction is great, of course it would be practically impossible to construct it poorly if you're machining it from solid aluminium. The problems with this can be summed up in three words, Made In China. The laser sprays a little more than normal up close, presumably from the cheap lens. After a couple of weeks the laser started to dim to the point that you can't see it from across the room. Once it was so dim that it oddly only emitted infra-red light. For those of you thinking "just change the batteries", well you can "recharge" the batteries by banging it around until the loose/corroded connections inside the crappy click switch meet up again. It would probably withstand being run over by a semi truck but it cant withstand day to day field use. I would pass on it if I had to buy another green laser and go for one I know is not Chinese quality.

This is not high power. I have green lasers of the pen type that cost $8 to $12 each that make this one look like a toy. The Military would never buy a piece of junk like this although for its performance it is priced in a military way (way over priced). SAVE YOUR MONEY buy one of the cheaper pen lasers.



Instapark 532nm Powerful Green Laser Pointer Astronomy and Military Grade(Click-on, Click-off switch)

I don't have a lot of fancy things to say except it is really nifty. My son loves it and it helps him when he wants me to see certian stars. It looks as if it points right to the star ! Very bright and compact easy to keep with you in a small pocket. I love it so much I ordered a second one.It is well worth the price!

This laser is very bright. It lights up my entire room with all the lights off. Laser beam is seen visibly at night. I've pointed across city blocks and freeways at night. My friends all envy my green laser pointer. The battery lasts for a few weeks from moderate use. On/off button very nice. Great deal; around $25.

I read all the reviews out there and decided to give the Instapark 532nm a try. I'm so happy with it I bought a second one for a friend. You can clearly see the beam at night, it's beyond amazing how bright it is. You can aim it to the night sky and it seems as if the beam has no end. Pointing to stars might be the only practical use for it I have found but it's entertaining in many other ways. The pointer is also smaller then I expected. Bottom line if your looking for a great laser pointer, look no further. However I would not recommend it for a child, way too powerful they could easily cause a accident with it.

I kept wearing out my red laser pointers and was disappointed at student's ability to sometimes see the little red dot. I decided to get this green laser and wow does it work! AT night I was pointing to things maybe 1/2 mile away! The only objection I have is it's almost too powerful in the classroom and you have to be careful NOT to point this in someone's eyes accidentally.

Purchased this laser with the understanding that it was 50mw. It is no brighter than my previous green laser that I purchased off of ebay for a few bucks, which came from China, and was a 5 mw. It I might add has had hours and hours of enjoyment and is still working great.



This laser does have the nice on off button, as well as a better case, but is no where close to being what they say as far as power. Side by side my cheapy from China is a tad brighter and has a smaller / tighter focal point a block down the way.



1 star for the nice case and on off button....

Save your money. - Instapark - Laser Pointers - Green Laser - Laser Pointer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information