Thursday 5 May 2011

Meltdown - power, yoga


This DVD is exactly what I needed - a selection of poses presented at a good pace with solid form in 10-20 minute blocks. I am very new to yoga and find most classes and series are over-the-top for me ... too much too soon and not a good fit with some limitations I have. If you want to stick a toe in the water, this DVD is terrific. Yoga For Beginners: Poses for Strength, Flexibility and Relaxation

Sometimes simplicity is what works best and this DVD is lovely and effective. The video has a nice mix of energetic and tranquil poses, it is easy to follow and soothing. I have been having such a beautiful experience with my yoga practice and wish for everyone to give it a try.

I really like this DVD and the sequences taught. The four sections are nice because I can do just one if I want or do them all in a row. They're great for beginners and easy on the body. The instructions were very clear, whilst some of the other videos I've bought are too quick and confusing for me as I begin learning yoga. The background music is also very peaceful and helps set the zen atmosphere. Great product!

A little over a month ago, I ordered and began using this dvd along with other dvd's to provide a variety. I have enjoyed practicing and seen many benefits after using it at least every other day. It is easy to follow along. The directions and the yoga poses flow very smoothly and are very clear. I like that you can either choose one segment or practice all of the segments. I liked this DVD so much that I gave as a gift to both of my teacher assistants. Kanta Barrios has a nice and calm voice and along withe the beautiful sea in the back ground really enhances the relaxation. My favorite time to use this dvd is in the evening right before I go to sleep. I am able to sleep more peacefully since I began using this yoga practice.

As others have noted, this is a simple, low-budget production. It doesn't feature fancy or expensive outfits, settings, or props. Instead, a skilled teacher models poses on a wooden platform in front of a body of calm water. While the setting isn't remarkable or gimmicky, the audio is just fine, the instructions clear, and the music unobtrusive.



More importantly, the warm-up and three yoga routines are excellently timed and clearly explained and demonstrated by Ms. Barrios. Each pose is held for an adequate period and, while *I* enjoy the time set aside for relaxation/meditation between each segment, it's easy enough to fast-forward if that's not your jam. This isn't a demanding "workout," necessarily -- but if, like me, you are physically weak and fairly inflexible, it IS a wonderful introduction to yoga practice. I've tried multiple classes and videos before, but always felt like I was just going through the motions, and nothing ever stuck. After one week doing Yoga for Beginners each day, my balance, strength and flexibility are already improving. I look forward to it when I wake up in the morning. And, frankly, I'm also a more relaxed and happy person.



It's also not just for beginners. A friend who has been practicing yoga for more than a decade enjoyed it as well -- for her, it made for a relaxing, gentle, mindful practice. Even after I'm no longer a "beginner," I can see myself returning to this video on a regular basis.



Finally, I appreciate that, while Ms. Barrios is clearly very strong and flexible (as well as being a skilled and effective teacher), she doesn't have the so-called "yoga body" that's idealized in so many publications and videos lately. Three cheers for that.

The instructor goes at a nice slow pace throughout the whole DVD so it is easy to follow.

I tried several DVDs and this was the easiest to follow. I have been using it it for several months and am happy that I bought it.

Although it is not the highest of production quality-you get a very nice teacher, showing the yoga poses on a pier with waves rolling in, and a nice blue sky.

Kanta Barrios is pleasant to look at and has a very soft and relaxing voice.

This isn't the first yoga dvd I have bought and I have been practising for some time, but I wanted to refresh my practice and regain a beginner's mind mentality and this is spot on! Thoroughly recommended! Although the production quality is not the highest in the world, the tuition is of the highest quality and I now use this as my main practice at least twice a week.

I've used this DVD dozens of times and really enjoy it. The menu allows you to choose the most appropriate segment...depending on your energy level and time constraints. The pacing (not too fast) and narration is first rate. She takes the time to explain how to move into and hold a pose, something most other yoga instructors neglect. Granted, the workouts are not as intensive as in other DVDs, but I always feel like I've had a great stretch after doing one or several of the sequences. I bought a yoga bolster just so I could do the restorative poses on the last segment. Highly recommended.

One thing is clear and the teacher is passionate about Yoga! I originally got the DVD for back pain and I found it to be very useful. This is one is not as pretty as the other one but effective and fun to practice with.



I LOVE yoga! It has done wonders in my life. :D - Power - Meltdown - Michaels - Yoga'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Meltdown - power, yoga yoga Meltdown - power, yoga