Friday 27 May 2011

Voltage Transformer - 220v, voltage transformer


The voltage transformer is heavy, sturdy and reliable. I am in Switzerland now, and I bought these for barrage of devices brought from the U.S; I plugged in a humidifier, a blender, Vonage phone, laptop, shaver (all at once), and so far no issues whatsoever.



The only catch is the wall converter from US to Euro (so that you can plug the thing into the wall jack) - It is too wide for Switzerland (would work in e.g. Germany). So I had to spend a couple of euros for a converter in a local store. Other than that, no issues in the first 45 days.... Goldsource® ST-1000 Step Up/Down Voltage Transformer Converter - AC 110/220 V - 1000 Watt

I moved from Germany to USA so I have a few 230V devices to run on 110V.

This converter works absolutely inconspicious.

You just turn it on, plug a german device in and it just works. No noise no hum at all.

Good product. Highly recommended.

Got this so I could hook up my 110v 52" LCD HDTV and LG blu-ray player here in Europe. I plugged in a power strip to the 110v outlet, and it powers both items without a hitch. Also extremely quiet. If the entire house is silent you can hear the slightest low hum but as soon as the tv comes on then it's undetectable. Very happy with this purchase and may buy another.

I bought this item to replace one that I schlepped all the way from Korea, which blew its fuse one fine day never to work again.



The recommendation for this product if it is to be used continuously is that one should select a wattage that is at least double that of the appliance one intends to power. I selected the 1 KW unit to drive my 220V Hamilton Beach stand mixer, which I bought abroad, and which is rated at 550W.



The transformer is very sturdy indeed, well built, and all-in-all a professional grade unit that I am sure will answer my needs for years to come. It is larger than you would expect, comes with two multi-format outlets conveniently located in the front of the unit. Mine also shipped with a US/two-pin converter plug. The unit lives unobtrusively on my kitchen counter in the corner behind the stand mixer.



An added bonus for those who will require this feature, is that the unit is not only a step-up transformer (I.e. it steps 110V up to 220V), but it can be used where 220/250V is supplied to step-down the voltage to drive your 110V appliance(s).



I recommend this unit without any hesitation; in fact I have just purchased the Goldsource® Step Up and Down Voltage Converter 500W unit to power some table lamps that have been gathering dust in my basement. At $20 or so for the transformer, it beats having to buy two new table lamps!

We moved back from overseas and our surround sound had 240 voltage. We tried a converter from a local store, but it burned up within a day. We have been using this one for a few months now and have had no problems. It works great!

I purchased this item to use a high end European coffee maker which requires 220 Volt electric. The step converter works perfectly fine as of now. I have been using the converter several times a day to brew coffee five minutes at a time. So far I did not have any problems. The unit is a bit heavy but compact enough to slide into a corner in the kitchen. It is simple to operate.

Well - I got these along with the ST 500 - for different appliances and their power needs - the best thing about these - are they are sturdy/ last for ever / Do exactly as promised. They do make a small noise when they are in use. But they have been going so strong for the last 6 months. I think they do last if you are careful about 2 things - the place you live should not have too much variation in voltage/ power and also make sure to switch them off -after every use. (no need to run them when you are not using them isnt it?).



The best thing - I am going to be bringing these back with me to states - to use them for the UK appliance that I bought here.

See below my review for the ST 500 -



These have been the best money spent. My hubby is posted to work in the UK for the next 2 years. So there comes the point where you have to if you want to buy all your appliances again in the UK or just go for this Step up converted.

Wow - what a investment - SAVED ME the $$$$$ in buying things in the UK. I used it along with my docking station, my blender, my Sandwich maker. This been going steady for the last 6 months - no issues wats so ever. Go for these. Really worth it. - 220v - Relocation - Voltage Transformer - Europe'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information