Friday 27 May 2011

Kitchen Utensils - sandwich, sandwich cutter


My 2 year old loved the uncrustable sandwiches you can buy in the grocery store frozen, but I did not love the products they used in them. Now I make my own with healthier products and freeze them it work awesome.

Ok, I will first admit that I bought this because it looked cute. I have never heard of it until I saw it here on Amazon, and thought I would give it a shot.



When I got it in a couple of days (and I mean a couple), I opened the package and started to make sandwiches. Here is a bit of caution, all of the directions are in Japanese, and if yours is as rusty as mine, you will get the idea, but miss some good information.



First, the bread does work a little better if it is microwave for a few seconds. Secondly, after centering your first piece of bread, the toppings should go in the center about 1/8" from the edge of the press. Thirdly, press as hard as you can to make the best seal.



This is perfect for 1 and 3 year old. Sandwiches tend to fall apart on them. This keeps them together in little triangle pockets (I fold one piece in half, an option that is on the package). I also like that chicken or egg salad sandwiches don't fall out the back while eating.



The only drawback is that this press takes a few tries to get it right. I had a tendency to overfill or place the fillings too close to the edge. However, a five or six pieces of bread is a small price to pay than uncrustable sandwiches in the freeze section of the grocery store.

I bought this from Amazon and was very pleased with the product. It does what it says it does, but I was dismayed to find that it costs only $2.50 from a Los Angeles Japanese store. Just to let you know that a better price is available out there. - Sandwich - Sandwich Crust Cutters - Lunch Box - Sandwich Cutter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information