Friday 27 May 2011

Electric Razors - philips norelco, electric razors


this is a very eye catching, light in weight and smooth to use shaver. it provides very close shaves especially with shaving foam. it charges fast and has a reliable charge indicator. the only drawbacks i found are the blades are not close enough to the edge (like my old 7775X) to trim off the hairs near the nose. also the three heads have to be individually opened for cleaning. though this is no biggie. overall a pretty good shaver. im glad i didnt spend the extra 100 for the bells and whistles of the advanced model. Philips Norelco 1250x/40 SensoTouch 3d Electric Shaver, Black

I've been using electric shavers for over 35 years. I've used every major brand made. Phillips/Norelco has finally gotten it right with the 1250X40 SensoTouch 3D shaving system. I'm very impressed with this shaver (And I'm not impressed very easily).

In the past I've bought the top line shaver from the three major shaver manufacturers (Braun, Panasonic, Phillips/Norelco) & tried them out side by side. I've always felt the linear foil screen shavers made by Braun & Panasonic gave a closer shave, that is until now. This SensoTouch 3D shaving system gives just as close a shave as the linear foil screen shavers by Braun & Panasonic. The Phillips/Norelco shavers have always been less irritating to the skin than the foil screen shavers. So if you have sensitive skin that is easily irritated by shaving, you will appreciate any of the Phillips/Norelco shavers.

This shaver has a quick 1 hour to full charge feature. If you let the battery run down, a 3-5 minute charge will get you a full shave. You must use the charger stand to charge the shaver. This is a bit of a negative for the shaver. I sometimes travel for two weeks at a time, and so will have to carry the bulky charger stand in my shaver bag. (My last Braun shaver had a cord that could plug into the charger stand or directly into the shaver. The cord was small & easily fit in my travel shaver bag. Phillips/Norelco should provide this feature on a shaver this expensive). There is an LED indicator in the handle that indicates battery charge level when the shaver is turned on.

This shaver is very light weight, easy to grip & feels good in your hand. When I first turned it on, I thought it wasn't working properly, so I turned it off & back on again. I finally held it next to my ear & could hear that it was running. This shaver is unbelievably quiet! For my first shave I wanted to give the shaver a real workout & so I let my beard grow for a full two and a half days. It cut through my beard with little effort. One nice feature I have noticed about the Phillips/Norelco shavers is that none of them have ever grabbed or pulled the hair on my face. This will sometimes occur with some shavers if your beard has grown for a few days. It took a little longer to cut my two day beard than my old Braun shaver which has the loud but very fast cutting linear motor. However, I got a very close comfortable shave.

The SensoTouch 3D shaving system excels at shaving your neck & jaw line. This is the biggest challenge for any electric shaver. With the Panasonic & Braun shavers, I frequently had to go over & over these areas to get those stubborn long hairs. The SensoTouch 3D shaving system easily removes the long hairs due to the way the heads conform to your neck & jaw line. This is a major benefit for the 1250X40. The high speed linear motors of the Braun & Panasonic shavers will plow through a thick heavy beard faster than the Phillips/Norelco shavers. However, your overall shave time will be about the same since the SensoTouch 3D shaving system will shave your neck & jaw line without repeated strokes.

The SensoTouch 3D shaving system's independent floating heads also makes it easier to shave the area between your mustache & nose. This was a real negative on previous versions of Phillips/Norelco shavers. It is now much easier & with a little practice I'm able to shave right up to my side burns & mustache without that dreaded "ooops".

This shaver is extremely easy to clean. Simply flip up the heads & run warm water over them & they come completely clean. Another nice feature that your wife will love, is that the stubble stays inside the heads. No more dirty sink or countertop.

This shaver can be used wet or dry. Which is best? Although I haven't tried this shaver wet, my past experience has always been that a dry shave is closer & more comfortable with an electric shaver. Always wash your face with soap & water & dry completely before shaving. This will give the closest & most comfortable shave.

Will the 1250X40 shave as close as a safety blade razor? No. No electric shaver is able to cut the hair below the skin like a blade razor. However any of the top line shavers made by Panasonic, Braun or Phillips/Norelco will come very close. (Blade razor shave = 10, Phillips/Norelco 1250X40 = 9.5)

The Phillips/Norelco 1250X40 is a quick and easy shave system. It will give you a close smooth shave. If shaving ever irritates your skin you're going to love this shaver. It is the most comfortable shave I've ever gotten.

BTW. Every electric shaver manufacturer says to try their shaver for at least 30 days. Your face will have time to adjust to the new shaver. True or False? At first I thought this was just another empty sales pitch. However after many years & many different shavers I find this to be true. I'm not sure if it is due to the fact of your face adjusting to the shaver or the fact that you gain experience in using that particular shaver. But the quality of your shave will improve over time using a new shaver. So don't throw in the towel for at least 30 days.

I've been using the traditional Norelco razors for decades and have been satisfied. They've all lasted a long time and done a good job.



This new 3D razor is much more comfortable and does the job significantly faster than the older models. It's also a wet-dry razor that you can use in the shower or with shaving cream, although I haven't tried either of those options yet.



I bought the least expensive 3D model since the only difference with the more expensive models are more sophisticated power indicators. The three indicator lights with the last one turning red when it's time to recharge are quite sufficient. Go with the model 40 and save your money. - Philips Norelco - Norelco - Electric Razors - 3d'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Electric Razors - philips norelco, electric razors 3d Electric Razors - philips norelco, electric razors