Monday 16 May 2011

Protector - galaxy, cover


I got this to protect my new Galaxy Tab from accidental drops on its side or back. The screen is Gorillaglass so I'm less concerned with that. The main problem is that the skin is very slippery and makes the Galaxy harder to hold. In other words, more likely to be dropped. Add to that the hole for the earphone plug prevents correct contact so you can't use a headset with the skin on. The stylus is as useless as all the other ones I've tried and the screen protector is just as cheap. If I hadn't thown out the packaging I would have returned it. SAMSUNG P1000 GALAXY TAB SOFT SILICONE SKIN CASE - BLACK, WITH SCREEN PROTECTOR & STYLUS

I wasn't expecting a lot, yet I was still disappointed. They stylus is a total joke and went into the trash immediately. It is all plastic and the seams are not smooth, so it had sharp edges right where you would hold it. Also the pad at the end of the stylus was connected at an angle and moved all around like a worn out felt marker. The screen protector was probably the highest quality item in the bunch. The silicone case is very loose fitting and at the side where the memory card slot is, it won't even stay covering the edge and constantly slips off the side of the unit. I'm very unhappy with this set, even at the low price, it should have been better quality.

The material is stiff and a bit slippery, I was expecting something soft and more rubbery, but it will do for now. Slight lip and texture around the edges makes for a better grip on the Tab, power and volume buttons now recessed, still easy to press when desired but not by accident like without. My earphone plug fits through the hole on top. The Tab stays still on a flat surface with it on. I already had a screen protector on my Tab so I haven't tried the one that came with this case. With this on, the Tab still fits in my BodyGlove case. No comment on the stylus. As I said, it will do for now, but I'm going to keep checking out other products.

Samsung sells silicone covers, screen protectors, and a stylus that all look better that what this merchant is peddling... the few extra dollars is probably worth it.



This silicone skin is for models with SIM card slots (which I have), and it would be a great cover for these Tabs if it weren't for the odd extra cutout on the top right corner; there's nothing there, if you bump that corner you run the risk of damaging the device. I've seen no other Tabs with a feature in that location (I'm assuming it was is a design flaw, but the manufacturer decided to just sell them anyway).



The stylus is junk, but you can use it if you want to keep finger prints off the screen. It's not like it doesn't work, it's just ugly and poorly put together. In my opinion, if you're gonna by a 600 dollar device, you ought to buy a decent stylus.



I didn't install the screen protector, instead I left the one on the Tab that it shipped with; I just snipped off the corner with the extension for easy removal. However that 'packaged' cover obviously isn't meant for long term use. I figure I'll get a better one after I shop around a bit more.

Great for a low price!!! I am going to order 2 more, key fit good, quaility good, price great....the perfect value. I did not use the screen protector as I like the gorilla glass and dont think its needed. It does also put a lip on the screen front so if it is layed face down it does not get scratched.



Fast ship from Amazon! yay

overall, great product. I already had the gel case.. so i bought this one not knowing it was the same. however, it fits perfectly. the stylus works as it should.. and the screen protector is great! got one with another product but that one was cheap.. this one is still on my tab and no signs of it coming off. i recommend! - Galaxy - Case - Cover - Black'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Protector - galaxy, cover galaxy Protector - galaxy, cover