Saturday 21 May 2011

E-sata - external hard drive, esata


Due to my own stupidity I didn't read the full and purchased the wrong cable. I just searched for "eSATA cable" and chose this one because I got free shipping with my Prime account. Read the title close (unlike me)- this is an eSATA to regular-SATA cable. If you are looking for a cable to connect an eSATA external hard drive to the eSATA port on computer this is NOT the correct one.



If this is the cable you are looking for it works just fine and the connectors and cable itself seem to be well made. IO Crest SY-CAB40019 18-Inch SATA to eSATA Transition Cable

I purchased this cable for use with with an external hard drive. Rather than backing up via USB I figured I could get much better performance by using eSATA. The cable seems to be built very well for the price.

I have a 2TB WD Caviar Green drive mounted in a Raygo drive enclosure. The Raygo comes with an eSata to eSata cable, but, I needed to connect the Raygo to my desktop's motherboard Sata connector. This adaptor cable did the trick, and what a screaming combination. Now, I transfer my DVD movie collection to the WD drive, then move it to my WDTV Live Hub.

Yip Yip Yippers!! It's got a clip on the L-shaped connection side (the SATA side) and it's the recomended length for full eSATA data transmission. Worst part is it's flat and doesn't make corners well. It's a pretty red and your girlfriends will love ya more. 7-pin - Esata Cable - Esata - External Hard Drive'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


E-sata - external hard drive, esata esata E-sata - external hard drive, esata