Saturday 21 May 2011

Aqua Sphere - kids, swim gear


Highly recommended. I bought these for my 5 year old son who was afraid of getting his eyes wet and going under water. They cost a little bit more than the regular goggles, but well worth it. They don't fog up, water never gets in them like regular goggles. The strap is so easy to adjust. I love them! He can put them on himself with not problem and they are very durable. Towards the mid summer he got the confidence to swim under water with them on and by the end of the summer was going under with out them. Aqua Sphere Seal Kid Swim Goggle (Clear Lens, Lime)

I purchased two of these goggles for my swimming toddlers after reading the rave reviews about fit. For the first couple of weeks they were great and I was a big fan. I rinsed them after every use and stored them in the original packaging. However, after about 2-3 weeks of use both of them started leaking and I can't seem to figure out why - other than the gasket has already lost its shape and cannot form a complete seal anymore. Very disappointing. Both of my kids ask to use their old individual eye goggles (that they hated before) after about 15 minutes of having to empty water out of these Aqua Spheres each time they go under. Wouldn't recommend for 3 or 4 year olds.

I am giving these four stars because aside from one issue, they are very well designed. I like the wider visibility these have - it's easier for kids to get used to than the limited visibility of separate goggles. The mechanisms for adjusting the straps work extremely well and the whole goggle frame is quite flexible, which should make it comfortable to wear.



However, the one issue I have with them is the way they're cut around the nose. The only way they will seal is if the child has a high bridge to their nose - which most toddlers and many young children do not. When I put them on my 3 year old, there was a large gap between her nose and the gasket, no matter how tight the goggle strap was. They also did not seal on a 4 and 5 year old that I tried them on. Interestingly, they do fit me quite well, and if I hadn't ordered the pink ones I would wear them - I'm a guy and slightly embarrassed to wear bright pink swim goggles.



So they will probably work well for older children or those with a high bridge, but I would not recommend them if your child has a low bridge/dipped nose.

I bought this pair for for my daughter when she was 18 months old. She was taking ISR lessons and we were swimming almost daily. She cried when we tried to put on regular goggles. The rubber straps would pull on what little hair she had making her scream. The tightening and fastening design is what drew me to these AQUA SPHERE SEAL swim goggles. I can easily slip on the goggles and tighten the straps on each side.



My daughter is almost 3 and we still use the goggles, however, she has much more hair now and it gets caught in the release button when we take them off. She doesn't scream so much as say, "Owie! Owie!" Being mindful of this makes a tangle happen less often and overall the ease of putting them on makes up for the possibility of a slight pain in taking them off.



If they need goggles, these are the best option for babies and toddlers.

These larger goggles are far superior to the smaller, two-piece style. Your child gets a wider field of view, allowing them to see much more, especially for pool sports other than swimming.



We've bought three pairs of these over the last four years. They would last longer, but they've gotten scratched in handling (not in use).



Recommended, but we wish they didn't scratch. Four stars. - Kids - Swim Gear - Goggle'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Aqua Sphere - kids, swim gear goggle Aqua Sphere - kids, swim gear