Saturday 21 May 2011

Compact Flash - photo frame, 15 inch


I needed an extra large digital photo frame that did video as well for a traveling display, and the NIX was certainly the right price, and had the right "functional" look for where I need it (no wood frame, and no artificial picture matting). Overall it is best frame I have yet used (I own two smaller and have done a lot of shopping). Brightness and color are excellent. Processing power seems up to any jpeg you might throw at it. Controls and navigation are the best I have seen yet.



The only drawback is that it DOES NOT play HD video, and, despite what the website and instructions say, I have not been able to get it to play any .mp4 file, or MPEG-4 coded file, at all...or for that matter, .avi which they also claim it will play. On the other hand, my 720p HD video plays fine when transcoded to 720x576 Letterbox style, MPEG-2, with MPEG-1, Layer 2 audio. (I use a free converter called "Free Video Converter by Extensoft"...quick and easy.) Once transcoded, the video looks very good! You would not guess it is no longer HD.



This really does, for me, take the place of a laptop and monitor for my travel. Excellent, and a great value. NIX N' EASY X15A 15 Inch Hi Resolution Digital Picture Frame, 1GB Internal Memory, Remote Control, Photo, Video, Music, Split Screen Option

The last digital frame I had did not provide a random shuffle when displaying the pictures. It also forced me to organize photos into folders no greater than 999 photos per folder. I really was not enjoying the 2500 photos that I wanted to display. I ordered NIX X15A and immediately liked the product. It showed up in simple packaging, was easy to set up and now I am enjoying all of my photos.

i personally own a 12" frame and love the big size. So when it came to getting a friend a house warming gift it seemed logical to go with the BIG SCREEN!



this frame is fairly straight forward and the pro's and con's are:



PRO's:



-big screen, with nice clear image

-easy menu system and operation

-plays video and music

-easy remote control

-big internal memory

-strong, solid build





Con's:



-not as stylish as the 12" nix

-if you're after a frame that can do complex stuff like internet connection or play HD video this is not for you

-could do with bigger speakers





if you want to play photos and video and do it simply, this is the frame for you. if you want to do photo editing etc, maybe not. overall i would definitely recommend it.

I was very pleased with the picture produced by this product. It so beats out my 7" frame from another vendor.



I ran across two problems, one of which caused me to return the product.



The first problem, which may not be a problem for others, is that it was tricky to navigate the menus and select the pictures or desired viewing functions. There are buttons on the picture frame, but they are on the back, so unless you use braille stickers, you won't know which one you are pressing. The buttons are virtually useless. But it has a remote control, so no need to press the buttons. However, navigation even with a remote control is trickier than it should be. I like the touch screen models from Pandigital. A touch screen interface is SO much easier than buttons on the side or back of the frame or a remote control.



Still, I was pleased enough with the picture that I could get over having to monkey with the navigation system. I'm confident that I would figure it out eventually. What caused me to return the products is that it is VERY easy to destroy the internal memory. There is a warning in the manual that tells you NOT to unplug it from your computer while the connection is busy doing something. I didn't do that. I was copying pictures from my SD card when there was a brief power brownout. That did it. The internal memory was blown and didn't even show up as a menu option anymore. It's too easy to permanently lose the internal memory.

Gotta love the big screen! I've bought digital frames for other people, but generally held off for getting one myself as I only wanted a big screen frame, and generally big screen frames are just too expensive or they're big & affordable, but bad quality. I bought a nix for a friend once and know the quality to be good, but i really wanted something BIG! The frame is big, stylish and importantly sturdy.



It's really easy to use. it's large internal memory is useful and easy to use as well. just connect it to your computer and the computer treats the frame just like a usb thumb drive. So it's easy to transfer photos and videos. The transfer speed could be a little faster for my liking, but i only upload new photos once a week, so no biggie.



generally i like what they've done with this. I know that nix do a fancy range of frames, but with this model it's big, stylish and simple to use, and for once affordable.

Dad likes it big! My dad's got pretty bad eyes, so a big frame that's easy to use was a must. I prefer the styling of the nix over the viewsonic. I can't speak for the use-ability of the viewsonic, but the nix is plug and play, but also has enough features to make it do what you need it to. affordable style - highly recommend it!

My brother is in critical care unit of hospital and is appreciative of an alternate to TV as visual entertainment. Memories of better times can be displayed to relieve the stress of confinement and pain. The larger screen size is easily seen from the distance necessary in a hospital room. Multiple connection options are great too.

I've held off on buying photo frames because they are either too small, or have more 'filler space' around the actual digital image that makes the photo appear even smaller.



The wait has paid off after I bought this one. Actual picture screen size is the best available at 15 inches. Then screen border is barely an inch and therefore the digital image actually stands out. The big screen size captivates anyone who is sitting upto 25 feet away, and they need not walk up to see the image. I've enjoyed putting thousands of pictures on it and having the entire family see. - Digital Photo Frame - 15 Inch - Photo Frame - Digital Picture Frame'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Compact Flash - photo frame, 15 inch photo frame Compact Flash - photo frame, 15 inch