Saturday 21 May 2011

Aquarium Gloves - dyeing


I purchased these gloves to work in my aquariums. I am a petite person, and it is hard to find any tight-fitting gloves that have long sleeves. These are still a little roomy in the fingers, so I don't get great tactile feel with them, but they came the closest of any others I looked at or purchased. These do not come in a small size; medium was the smallest size I could find on the internet. These are similar in fit to dish-washing gloves, but tougher. They are very durable, and the sleeves do stay up on my arms while I am working. I have thought of getting another pair for household use, like washing the car. Atlas Glove WG772L 26-Inch Long Sleeve Nitrile Coated Cotton Lined Work Gloves, Large

I bought these gloves for two reasons: to clean a 175-gallon salt water tank and to clean an above the ground pool. These gloves work great!They fit well and keep your hands and arms dry and warm. I looked at pet (fish) stores and pool stores for these gloves, but found the least expensive ones on Amazon. I highly recommend these gloves!

I used these gloves on my previous job working at a fast food restaurant (mind you, I never used them on food). they're great for cleaning when you don't want to get your hands dirty and can make a tough job MUCH easier (and cleaner). you need to wash these gloves at least every other day, otherwise mold will start to grow on the inside. The only problem with the gloves is that they smell like anus (me and my brother called them molester-gloves). I've washed them 5 out of 7 days a week for 2 months and they still smell the same as the day they came in the mail...

These gloves turned out to be perfect for my husband to wear while working in the pool. Water can't get inside. I bought him size large, thinking he could wear warm gloves underneath, but the large size fitted his sm/med hands snugly. I would buy more in a minute, but would go up a size. Great product!

I have purchased these gloves three times now. I use them for several hours a day to insulate my hands from extremely hot water and a variety of chemical solutions (mild enough that gloves are not generally considered necessary), and use steel and copper scrubbers with them. With this type of use, a pair lasts a predictable three months before it begins to leak. So if you are purchasing these for occasional use, I would expect them to last a long time.

I got these mainly for gardening. I get the willies when I have to reach in and pick okra and other veggies! But even if a bug gets on my arms, I know I won't be feelin' any bites! They're also great for housework and other jobs where you'd like to protect your hands and arms. They're very thick, but flexible and have a nice lining. I got the medium which fits just a tad big for my hands but is still okay. I use regular nitrile gloves for cooking and these for the tough jobs. Try them!

I bought these to protect my hands from infection (apparently my mother was right--you CAN catch something in there) when cleaning my freshwater aquariums. One is a tall 55gal tank and I have to stick my whole arm in. I am a medium-sized person of about 5'6" and these gloves come nearly to my shoulder and have a strong, but not constrictive elastic band at the top, so the gloves are perfect for keeping my sleeves dry. The nitrile is thin enough to give a reasonable amount of feeling and dexterity. But it's thick enough to be sturdy when knocking against lava rock while scrubbing. They have texture on the fingers/palm for better grab. These feel and wear very similar to those ubiquitous rubber-dipped cotton gardening gloves you find at hardware stores. Sizing seems similar to Atlas Fit Super Grip gardening gloves 12 Pack Atlas Glove 300 Atlas Fit Super Grip Gloves - Medium. I bought a medium-sized set of the 26" gloves and I find they fit perfectly. Large would have been ok, but a bit clumsy for me. Bottom line, these are great and I'll buy more when the time comes to replace them.

This is what we use in our school studio for dyeing. We work around toxic dye powders and chemicals as well as large hot pots of chemicals on the stove, and these will protect you the best. If you dye on a regular basis these are a must to protect yourself. - Dyeing'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Aquarium Gloves - dyeing dyeing Aquarium Gloves - dyeing