Monday 11 April 2011

Works Great - bluetooth, mouse


After not wanting to fork over $70 for the Mighty Mouse, I decided to do some research on affordable Bluetooth mice that would ultimately perform the most basic of tasks. I read more than a few complaints on Targus' AMB08US and its optical scroller and decided to take a chance on this one. I have a 15"MBP and really didn't feel the need to integrate the amazing trackpad features over to a mouse. Works like a charm, looks great against my Mac and spent almost half of what I would've on the Mighty Mouse.



My +'s:



-- Smooth scroller

-- LED indicator @ bottom for battery life

-- Aesthetically pleasing

-- Very comfortable

-- Responsive

-- Great price Targus Bluetooth Comfort Laser Mouse AMB09US (Black with Gray)

I bought this mouse to use with a Macbook Air, and a Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q870. The mouse is normal size, and not one of those little micro mice that cramps your hand when on the go. The mouse works with both machines beautifully, and deserves high praise in my opinion. The connection is solid, and the mouse is responsive. The batteries are included. When you connect this for the first time to a Macintosh, make sure your tracking speed is set to fairly low. I had mine set at about 3/4 maximum and the pointer would fly across the screen as if it were on crack. :)



In short, this is an awesome companion device for a laptop and has proven to be reliable and solid (and it looks cool to boot).

I like this mouse better than the Apple 'magic mouse' (bluetooth). because it fills the hand and is therefore more comfortable for me. Also the right mouse button works with my games which the magic mouse doesn't.

Like most wireless mouses I've used, this one has to be slowed down or you get very fast jerky mouse movements. I ran out of "slow" with the MacBook.

If you need a wireless mouse, this is a good one however. It sync's up quickly and has a good hand feel.

Recently I reviewed and used these mice: Apple Magic Mouse, Apple Mighty Mouse, Targus Comfort Bluetooth Mouse, Targus Bluetooth Mouse for Mac, and the Razer Orochi. I ended up sticking with the Targus Comfort Mouse. I'm on a Mac.



The two best mice hands down were the Targus Comfort Mouse, and the Razer. The Orochi consistently crashes the "Bluetooth Setup Assistant" to crash which causes the "Bluetooth Not Available" bug, which is only fixed by zapping PRAM.



You will always have to pair these mice with the computer if you use it on multiple computers, or restart, etc. I stuck with the Targus Comfort because it doesn't have as many pairing problems, and doesn't cause the "Bluetooth Not Available" bug.



Both mice are extremely comfortable. I think I slightly favor the Targus for comfort, but it really is a toss up.



The scroll wheel on the Targus Comfort is much much better than the Razer. It's really smooth. The razer scroll wheel worked, but was definitely finicky.



I'd get the Targus Comfort, it's better, and cheaper.

Much better than the standard Mac wireless mouse, the rollers inside the Mac wireless were aways getting hung up with cat hair....this one doesn't. Works seamlessly with Mac. easier to findon the desk, its black, comfortable in the hand. Wont be buying the Mac mice anymore.

This is my first bluetooth component. I bought it to replace a USB mouse. I can't tell you how much better this is than the previous MS USB mouse it replaced. It moves freely and easily, it promptly "wakes up" after a night of non-use, the scroll botton works great and the battery life seems good. I usually don't turn it off except once a week when I travel. That said, I haven't had to replace a battery yet. I use the product with a Sony laptop using VISTA home premium. also, Installation was a breeze. Highly recommended.

I worked my Kensington SlimBlade Trackball Mouse with Bluetooth Wireless (Graphite) K72281US to death not long ago. After a couple of years of good service it bit the dust. No cleaning could seem to revive it. For awhile after that, I used the bluetooth Mighty Mouse that came with my iMac in 2008 and which I had really disliked at first acquaintance, so much that I shelved it and got the Kensington instead.



I got used to the Mighty Mouse, but it wasn't so mighty. Its trackball has quit working.



As much as I like the convenience of a bluetooth mouse, I don't want to pay Apple prices for one.



I found this mouse at amazon, and the price was right. It was a snap to set up with my iMac, and has maintained its connection even when the computer wakes from sleep mode. I had to adjust the tracking speed downward (System Preferences --> Mouse) but once I did, its performance is just fine.



Although it's fun to have the trackball ability built into a mouse (as with the Kensington mentioned above and the Apple Mighty Mouse), the extra cost isn't worth it to me, especially when that little trackball seems to have a short life expectancy.



I don't know yet about the durability of this Bluetooth mouse, but its performance upfront has been flawless.



EDITED to add: I have to co-sign on the other reviews that mentioned the smooth operation of the scroll wheel on this mouse. It's excellent. - Bluetooth - Works Great - Laser Mouse - Mouse'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information