Monday 11 April 2011

Trips And Journeys - electrical, inverter


I received this product this evening, and I have to admit it looks great. I was really excited to try it because it seemed far better in construction than some reviews have said. I took it out to our 2003 Pontiac Montana. We power stuff through the utility & cigarette lighter adapters all the time. First problem: It would not stay put in the socket, but instantly popped out. I tried numerous times to get it to stick. Finally, I just decided to hold it in and see if I could power it one. No luck. Just plugging the adapter into the vehicle blew the fuse.



"Hmm, must be a fluke, I thought, I'll try it in my Camry." Took it over to the Camry, plugged it in, and before I could even try turning it on, my radio went dead -- and the power port with it. It had blown the fuse in the Camry, too. And this is with nothing plugged into the inverter, mind you!



It's going back. Totally unreliable, and so far all it's done is blow fuses. Rally 7413 200W Cup Holder Power Inverter with USB Port

This product does all that it was advertised to do and has plenty of outlets--2 standard wall outlets, a car outlet and a USB outlet. You can run a cell phone charger, a satellite radio and your MP3 player off of this power inverter. The one glitch, it has to be turned off and on--in other words, when you plug in a device, it will not start charging right away--you must flip the power switch back to off and then on again. Don't assume that just because you have it turned on that it is actually charging. It is a small inconvenience, but otherwise, the product works great!

I wanted an inverter to power my laptop charger. Didn't want to permanently install one, but didn't want one sliding around on the floor or dash either. This design fits great in one of the center cup holders and plugs in the lighter socket nearby. Has a USB plug to charge your Iphone or Ipod, TWO AC outlets, and a built-in lighter plug so you can still use another 12volt device without having to unplug the inverter. It isn't completely silent, but at 200 watts the fan is necessary. I was a little disappointed in how the fan was attached inside the vent opening - it pushed into the housing with very little pressure - had to take the housing apart to re-attach it with some superglue.

It works very well, but does not fit snugly into the cup holder - it is a bit wobbly. Also, I found it for $10.00 less about 2 days after it arrived. Bottom line, the product works well, but I do have to find a way to get it to stop wobbling in the cup holder without blocking any of the fans. There was one rubber "chunk" included, but I would need 3 or 4 to stabilize the device.

I would rate this as so-so. The unit does fit in the cup holder, but it is not a snug fit, so it may flop around a bit. The fan noise is pretty loud in respect to it's purpose. I use the AC plugs infrequently, but nice to have them when you need them. FYI....fan noise is only present when using AC adapters.

The entire family is thrilled with this product. No the kids can sit in the back seat and watch movies or listen to music during long trips. All of our electronic devices can be charged as we drive including batteries for cameras and phones. The price is great. We love this product.

I brought this item after browsing through Amazon for weeks. Its very helpful, Has connection to 3 Pin and USB power source. Helps a lot for Long Drive. Recommend for everyone. Covers Cup Holder spot perfectly.

The unit is basically functional, but does not live up to its rated specs. It says it is 200 watts, but I can't run my Macbook 90 watt power adapter on it. The Macbook adapter works fine on the Wagan EL2405 inverter, and that one is rated at only 100 watts. So if you need to have a certain amount of power, it looks like you can trust Wagen's raings but not Rally's. (And the Wagen is quiet, besides.) - Electrical - Car Adapter - Inverter - Car Power'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information