Monday 11 April 2011

Flattening Irons - remington, flat iron


OK, here's what you do....buy the CONAIR INFINITI Tourmaline straightening hair dryer (it's WONDERFUL), buy the Remington T3 Tourmaline flat iron and buy some Chi Silk Fusion or Biosilk. Wet to silky straight takes about 25 minutes total if you follow this advice. After showering, towel dry hair, and put the silk drops on your ends (don't use too much---this will take a few tries). Also spray your wet hair with a heat protecting flat iron spray for good measure. Use the hair dryer exactly as intended (it's not hard at all- I don't get the neg reviews). If you have shoulder-length or longer hair, it's easiest to put your hair in two ponytails (one behind each ear) and dry the ponytails first using this dryer. Then take them out and dry the rest of your hair with the dryer. Only takes about 10-15 minutes this way (and I have VERY thick curly hair).



Use the Remington T3 Tourmaline flatiron on 410 degrees (don't pull it through too slowly---that's very hot). Then when finished, spray a glossing spray on your dry hair and rub it down. FINISHED and your hair will be BEAUTIFUL!! I've gotten soooooo many compliments on my hair since I bought these two pieces of equipment and started straightening this way. I have been SEARCHING for 20 years for an effective way to straighten that doesn't take forever or prevent me from having my morning shower. THIS IS IT PEOPLE. TRY IT!



I did not really believe the reviews on here that this flatiron is better than the 100 dollar ones but, oh my goodness, THIS IS THE BEST FLATIRON I have ever owned. I will never pay for a Chi or Solia again after using this one. It will straighten anything FAST. Unbelievable, I tell you!Remington S-9400 Tstudio Collection Digital Ceramic Hair Straightener with Tourmaline 2 1/4" Wide Plates

I have thick, coarse hair and finding the right straightener is a chore. This product would be amazing if it didn't have two major problems: 1-The ceramic plates have minimal buffer from the edges and therefore can burn you very easily. Even though quite careful and experienced with straighteners, I have already burnt my fingers twice and my forehead once. 2-The lack of a built-in (or detachable) comb makes it much harder for thicker hair to be straightened. Frankly if it hadn't been for the burning issues, I would have given it 5 stars, despite the lack of a comb. The pros are plenty, however, and more than enough to make this product close to the best salon ones, at a great price. The plates heat up very well, the heat setting locks and can't be changed or turned off by accident as in some other products (such as the Conair Infiniti straightener), there is virtually no static and the end result is silky and smooth hair.

Like many of the other reviews below, I bought this at Target because the straightener I went to buy was sold out. Since mine had died the morning before and I have not gone a single morning in about 10 years without straightening my hair, a purchase was required! I bought this one and brought it home figuring I could return it if it proved a flop...fortunately this was a phenomenal accident!



This straightener is amazing. The very first day I was impressed with its speed and smoothness since I am often let down by straighteners that fail to handle my wavy thick hair. A very quick pass or two and I was done and out the door! Later, I was shocked to receive a ton of compliments on my hair. By the time I got home I expected my hair to have returned to its normal wavy state, but again was pleased to see perfectly straight and frizz free hair. I decided to withhold judgment for a couple more weeks not wanting to jinx the product or something...but here I am today writing this review several weeks later with the same smile on my face.



I have tried a Chi and a Solia (those expensive ones that get all the hype) as well as several regular name brand ones including a Conair one (that worked alright) and the wet2straight one (that worked well, but would not last hours later) and nothing was as good as this one! I have already recommended it to all my friends!



Best of luck with the decision as I know all of these things come with a ton of positive reviews to sift through! On price and quality, I do have to say that I cannot see anything beating this one!

I had a Vidal Sassoon 2 1/4" ceramic straightener that I used religiously everyday for 6 years. This week, it died and so I needed to go out and buy a new flat iron. I would have gladly purchased the same flat iron if I could, but it's long been discontinued.



I actually bought this flat iron at Target and got to use it this morning. Compared to my last flat iron, this one just seems to glide through my hair easier. I have really thick, coarse hair that sometimes requires several passes in order to get it tamed. With this straighter, one pass and it was done. I could not believe it! It may have something to do that the plates are tourmaline ceramic vs regular ceramic, but it does heat up quickly and does a great job. Plus, it comes with a 4 year warranty so I'll be using this flat iron for a long time! - Hair Care - Flat Iron - Ceramic - Remington'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information